This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By Justanotherday - 02/04/2017 12:00

Today, it's my birthday. Not only did my girlfriend not buy me anything, I also found out when she said she was taking me out for dinner, she really meant that I was taking her out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 6 275
You deserved it 624

Top comments

While that's thoughtless and a bummer - I hope she made up for it with special bedroom activities. If she didn't, kick her ass to the curb tomorrow - but not before tomorrow in case she has birthday plans you are not aware of yet.

Comments

Let her go! Don't take her out anymore! Let her go! Let get go! The cheap gold digging *****! Ok bit necessarily good digging or a ***** but I can't resist a musical lead up. Seriously though she sounds self centered and you don't need to waste time caring about someone who doesn't care for you. If the issue were just money she'd still find a way to make the day special.

While that's thoughtless and a bummer - I hope she made up for it with special bedroom activities. If she didn't, kick her ass to the curb tomorrow - but not before tomorrow in case she has birthday plans you are not aware of yet.

Cut that bitch of hard, if she live with you kick her to the curb

superpandamonium 7

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

It's called being a decent human being. She wouldn't even have to buy anything. People can make presents. And telling someone you're taking them to dinner, especially for THEIR BIRTHDAY, and then expecting them to take you out is just rude and inconsiderate.

Bonk182 2

since it's a tradition and a way of showing love for someone yes it is a big deal I would've dumbed her that day

Stiggy626 25

I'm confused... do you think that it was the girlfriends birthday and he's mad she wants him to pay for dinner? you kinda addressed, like, 3 subjects at once, and they all contradicted. It's his birthday, she didn't give any present at all (made or bought), and expects him to pay for the meal.... shitty any way you look at it honestly

It's not even about the lack of any gifts, personally I wouldn't expect or want any gifts on my birthday. But to say she'd be taking him out and then make him pay for it? On his birthday no less? That's just rude.

She obviously doesn't really care about you, then. I hope you dumped her after dessert.

Why dessert?! He was paying for it anyways! Haha

YulieWong 1

By "dessert" you mean "sex" right? Want to get it in there on last time?

YulieWong 1

Koselill, by "dessert" he means "sex" to get it in there on more time.

She's a real winner, that one. Unless she's seriously strapped for cash, she should get you something nice. And if she can't afford to take you out, the least she can do is cook you something. If this is a pattern, why stick around?

Yeah, you need to dump her ass. Get someone who actually cares about you.

imnotcleverenoughforthis 14

It blows my mind that people like this exist. It also blows my mind that they get people to date them.

Times like these it IS okay to done and dash. She'll be buying you dinner after you make it so...

1234567890987654321 1

Wouldn't have happened if you didn't have a girlfriend