By Marie - 17/10/2012 05:16 - United States - Jacksonville

Today, it was my 2 year anniversary with my boyfriend. As we were about to exchange gifts, he got a call and said he had to go home immediately. What was the emergency? His guild leader couldn't find another healer to finish a raid and promised my boyfriend gear if he would step up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 141
You deserved it 4 699

Same thing different taste

Top comments

gree_fml 11

Sounds appropriate. Have an anniversary raid together!

SenselessPattern 12

They level up their....enchanting? Buh dum tss....

Comments

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

I'd be out of that relationship faster than he was that day. Sorry that he sucks.

Why does his guild leader even have his cell number?

That's my question lol. Must be rl friends which i would almost understand. Gear is usually dropped randomly not given out by guild leader though.

Still, guildleader can not promise certain healer gear will drop.

40 - The gear could come from the Guild Leader himself?!

Well, in defense of the boyfriend, I can kinda understand. Games, especially mmos, are not just games. People invest a lot of time and sometimes a lot of money into their characters, and that gives them a real value whether you realize it or not. I agree, it seems a bit foolish for him to have left you like that, but games do have value when you have invested thousands of hours into making your character. Besides, it's not like he didn't care about her at all. It says quite clearly that he got her a gift and they were exchanging gifts. I would think that a guy who does not care about anything other than WoW would not bother getting a gift. Or getting a relationship at all, for that matter.

ToBeAnnounced 2

Gift or not, the dude ditched her on their anniversary. I understand liking games, my fiancé and I play shit like Guild Wars2 and Dota2 together all the time, but he'd never put a game over a special occasion. You're supposed to put a lot of time (sometimes money) and thought into a relationship too.

Why do girls make a huge deal out of this? To game with him! You are assuming you'll hate it but it's pretty fun. I can see what your saying and yes it's bad that he'd rather play games then be with you. If you really want the relationship to work and he won't give up gaming join him. You know what they say, if you can't beat them join them.

That might be true, but there are those of us have tried. I spent so many hours playing video games trying to enjoy them and it never worked. The only ones I enjoy are racing games.

You've at least tried. My best friend keeps coming up to me complaining about this and she won't even try to play a game.

wlddog 14

I will give you props #30 for at least trying. My wife refuses to even try. I have given up gaming when she is home or the kids are awake, but she will spend hours playing those stupid facebook timewasters that require her to have friends and whatnot. But spending time with E on a game is just unnacceptable.

doglover100 28

I like playing Mario and racing games. Especially the racing games where you can just drive around and knock stuff over.

kairi920 0

I'm a gamer and I play games with my bf all the time. We currently play guild wars 2 together. Gaming is one of the biggest things we do to spend time together cause we both have such a passion for it, but in no way would I be happy if he ditched me on our anniversary. There is more to life and to our relationship then gaming. I understand that gear is hard to get (I play WoW as well) but its still no excuse. Get the gear later.

Dedication right there. Who knows, maybe the next dedication would be to your relationship?

BellaBelle_fml 23

He should have been dedicated to their relationship first. Even if he was a gamer before they were together he should have re-prioritized his time.

at least he's demonstrating his loyalty! if he was with his guild longer than you, and he's spending gradually more time with u, ya can pretty well garauntee he'll be as loyal to you!

Haha. I raid on Warcraft a lot as well, but pulling someone from a 2 year anniversary is a bit extreme...

And that is one of the many many many reasons why I stopped playing WoW...