By Monkeyless - 02/05/2012 03:59 - United States - Providence

Today, it was confirmed that the "no pet rule" in my apartment complex is so strict that I'm not even allowed to have sea monkeys. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 344
You deserved it 2 959

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wow... what the hell could a bunch of shrimp possibly do?

Comments

ThisIsMyReign 4

14 - Your "tankie"? Should I be worried?

jellitonoctopus 19

I love sea monkeys, I have the aqua watch :) haha take my little monkeys everywhere I go.

littlemsweirdo 12

I'm an idiot, I know and thumbs me down if you want but I gotta ask: what is a seamonkey?! Okay, I'm ready for bury :(

kickuwithmyfist 1

They're monkeys that live in the sea...lol jk idk :)

#27 who are you to tell #21 anything when you youself were on here earlier asking what were sea monkeys and you got -16 on it........

lepuppykicker 15

It only takes like 5 seconds on Google to find out. On here you're just going to be ignored.

5 replies and 4 of them aren't even attempting to answer the question? I will never understand people... Sea Monkeys are brine shrimp. They start off too small to see, and after a few days (I think 4-6, maybe a little longer) they start to look like little fish. I understand that if you can keep them alive, they grow to be about 3/4 inch long, and start reproducing at about 4 weeks. Starter "tanks" typically hold less than 1 1/2 cups of water, so OP not being able to keep them as pets seems ridiculous.

They're these teeny tiny shrimp things you grow in the water.

littlemsweirdo 12

Very much appreciation to 65 and 88! I'd much rather ask the lovely FML family then google. (:

Well, you can't really blame the guy, those things are off the hook animals.

I guess rules are rules...though in terms of possible damage to the apartment or keeping up neighbours with pet noise, I really don't see the difference between seamonkeys and an empty tank of water...

Clearly you aren't teaching your seamonkeys the right kinds of tricks

If the tank was to break, it would probably cause some pretty extensive damage. The chances of that happening don't seem too incredibly likely, so it really is silly.

jerseyboy732 16

tell them it's either a sea monkey or a real monkey

KiddNYC1O 20

A baboon, with their big bright red ass.

I've never owned a pet, it's quite depressing... Does a daisy count?

Never had a pet? You should get a Betta fish. They're pretty low maintenance. They have such cute personalities and don't need air bubble gizmos because they breathe from the air. Only one male per tank though or they'll kill each other. When I had one, it would light up my day because it would swim-dance happily towards me when I came in the room. Heh, males. They'll do their little tricks just to get fed. They're all the same.

Michael_92 20

I don't see why not. You have to water it, "feed" it light annndd it brings joy every time you see it..also has the added benefit of naturally smelling good; something most animals don't.

Oh ferret aroma is the best. ;) Yea, depending on critter, smell can be a downfall. Still worth it though, IMO. My favorite low maintenance pet is a leopard gecko. The crickets were a pain but cleaning the fish tank for my aquatic pets was too.

No sea monkeys?! What's next? No sea horses or sea cowboys either??

Michael_92 20

Hope they still allow sea cucumbers.

So much for freedom...my apartment complex won't even let me hang an American flag!

TheFamilyElf 17

Dude... Sea monkeys get crazy. Of course you're not allowed to have a bowl of those mofos in your apartment! They'd obviously wreak all kinds of havoc.