By Anna - 28/03/2012 01:08 - United States

Today, it's my twenty first birthday. My biggest birthday surprise was discovering that I'm alcohol intolerant, by vomiting my first beer all over my boyfriend's mother. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 726
You deserved it 4 653

Same thing different taste

Comments

LadyJoker21 0

TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY TO 3.28 :)

Birdie_Sage 0

Happy birthday to the both of you!

desireev 17

Birthday wishes from Miss Desiree! I hope it's a good one! :)

The third day of the 28th month, only in America!

bubbly31 0

Or the 28th day of the 3rd month Americans right dates different

Really, you don't say? I guess they also have have problems with humour and use of quite obvious sarcasm, such a shame.

BellaMarta 19

Congratulations, DD for life. On the other hand, you may be slightly healthier than your friends in he long run since you won't be able to drink.

desireev 17

Aww.. That blows, OP! The only thing to look forward to when one becomes 21 years of age, and it didn't settle well on your tummy. :( FYL, OP! Try a daiquiri or a Piña Colada! Fruity drinks settle better on your stomach. And don't forget to eat something! :) Happy Birthday, OP! I hope it gets better for you! :)

Fruity drink settle worse than beer because they contain more alcohol.

Thats not how intolerance works, it doesn't matter the type or amount of drink she has, her body will still reject the alcohol. In addition, because fruity drinks have more alcohol than beers, it will actually cause a worse reaction.

desireev 17

Actually, the barley in beer makes it very hard to settle on ones stomach. Liquor is much more smooth. You will get intoxicated from it, just as you would from beer. But liquor is much smoother which makes it easier on the stomach. And beer foams up. The foam in the beer is also another contributing factor to the uneasy, nauseas feeling. Ask anyone who knows a damn thing about alcohol.

That may be true, but her problem isn't the barley or froth from beer, it's the alcohol content, so you just made a moot point.

Yikes, poor you! In the long run though you're probably MUCH better off. Even setting aside the potential addiction, health and regrettable sexual decision issues, just think how much money you'll save over a lifetime.

Awww that reallyyyy sucks lol but who really waits until they're 21 to take their first drink?! No offence but I had my first drink a longggg time ago and hav drank ever since, there's no way in hell I was gunna wait until I'm 21 haha but anyways sorry OP that's a bummer :(

desireev 17

You're 15 and you had your first drink a 'longggg' time ago? Sounds like that's a bigger 'bummer' than OPs situation. You're a kid! You EARN your privilege to drink! Or you're supposed to! That's why the legal drinking age is 21. A person of your age can't handle being able to drink! It's scary to know that your generation will be the one running this country in a few years...

Accually the American drinking age is 21 because the federal government threatened to cut of infrastructure money to any state with a lower drinking age

Okay yeah I know I'm young to be drinking and no I'm not saying that's right or that I'm happy in any way with the habits I've fallen into or the choices I've personally made, but I'm not talking about that. All I'm saying is most people hav usually had some form of alcohol b4 they're 21.

xIBleedPurplex16 0

Why would u want to drink anyways? Smh

"Birth Date : Thursday 16 March 1995 (17 years) " Revisit this comment in about 5 years, see how your opinion has changed.

If he stays a sensible person, his opinion won't change.

AFloppyWetWhale 6

It's not about being sensible. People drink to have a good time and for no other reason. Op will be fine, drinking is just a way to have fun but also burn out your inside in the process.

I'd say you're not alcohol intolerant and more being the average first beer drinker

linkinpark98 23

Well, Anna, no more booze for you! :)

Bit of a lightweight are you? Surely living in America which has such high rates of alcohol consumption, you would've had a drink before you turned 21? Even at least before your 18th?

There are some people who obey the law in this country ;)