By Justified12 - 13/10/2014 14:15 - United States - North Reading

Today, it's my mom's birthday. Got the perfect gift, the perfect card and of course the perfect cake. Well, it was the perfect cake until my dog's ass crushed it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 948
You deserved it 4 474

Justified12 tells us more.

Hello OP here, So, basically this is what happened: As my dad is a pastor, we attend church as a family. I special ordered the cake and decided to pick it up, Sunday morning before going to church. The plan was to drop the cake off at my sisters house along with our two german shepherds since dogs aren't allowed in my church and I didn't want to leave them in my truck for health and safety reasons. So I picked up the cake, put both of the dogs in the back and placed the cake on the passenger seat. Halfway to my sister's house, it starts to get hot in the truck, so I rolled down the passenger window and of course what does every dog in the planet want to do if there's an open window? Stick his head out of the window. Afraid that he would jump out, I commanded him to "stop and sit and needless to say, as thankful I am that the cake was in a box, there was an obvious inevitable depression in it. Mom was too busy to notice since I bought her a kayak and a beautiful card. But lesson well learned. Thank you for the birthday wishes, and take care!

Comments

Maybe your dog just wanted to say happy birthday to your mom too and sign her cake.

Well that would literally be a nasty ass cake

At least you still have the gift and card :). Anyway, I'm sure your mom will appreciate it

That really sucks op, but at least you have the gift and the card? I'm sure your mom will appreciate, and understand if you do tell her wht happened. Next time try to keep the cake in a room and don't let the dog in. (:

if only a dog could write an FML ...what it would be for this FML from a dog?

I'm sorry but hat sounds really funny. I hope you got another cake and that your mom loved the story!

pere 11

I would love to know how your dog managed to crush/sit on your cake. Either the cake was on the ground, or you have a very big dog! First guess would be they were both in the car...but still wouldn't think that you'd have them share a seat!

What a thoughtful and inspiring comment. This has changed my life forever, thank you.