By Andrexwife - 31/07/2009 07:03 - United Kingdom

Today, it's my first wedding anniversary, or Paper anniversary. I got him airline tickets for an expensive weekend break for two in Berlin. He got me a toilet roll. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 360
You deserved it 5 006

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Might suck a bit, yeah, but you're going to Berlin anyway, so whatever. You expect tickets from him too or something?

Comments

and since ur married who payed for the expensive tickets?

Not every couple has a shared bank account.... =_= THINK people, THINK!

At least you get to go on the trip...?

if you have a shared bank account, which many married couples do (although i know it is not as common today as it used to be), then you'll get to enjoy the trip just as much as he will. next year just get him a spool of thread or an off-cut of fabric from a craft store.

haha u can switch years on who buys the gag gift :-) its ur turn next yr ! start thinking

starburstb 0

Well it'll always come in handy sometime....right?

Don't worry about it. Men aren't good at thinking outside the box when it comes to creative gifts.

Well toilet paper as a gift isn't really in the box, but it paper. So...... i don't know where i was really going with that

warhorse57 0

Stop whining. You got half the stuff already.

omg... i can totally top that. My mom got a booklight for her 10th anniversary and my dad took her to a hot dog stand and a friends house for burgers for their 25th.....

How does that 'top that'?!?!? And why do you feel compelled to even try to??

hey whatever happened to its the thought that counts? Be glad you got something at least

i agree completely. Op-i love your husband for being witty...he sounds like a fun person, maybe it was really expensive toilet paper?

sorry to tell you but even guys know toilet paper isn't what women want as a gift.. it's more like an excuse.. 'i didn't forget our anniversary.. here I got you a gift too' (toilet paper is the first thing he sees..