By dentinpalevo - 29/12/2009 07:29 - Cyprus

Today, it's my first day-off for the holidays. Today is also the day they decided to start building a house next to mine. I can't sleep beyond 7 am. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 936
You deserved it 2 365

Same thing different taste

Top comments

22cute 17

earplugs? whitenoise player?

Comments

Try some earplugs, they're cheap so it's worth a shot!

infantry831 0

you do relize that this happens here on earth right? if you don't like it kick rocks and go somewere else you fruit

i am really sorry. same thing happened to me a few years ago. that just sucks.

why don't you go have a word with the guys, cause if it disturbs the OP, I think there's a law somewhere that can help u out, it's to do with disturbing sounds at inappropriate times.

lametroll 0

I'm pretty sure almost everywhere the law is no noise from midnight to 7am. Or at least it is where I live. Unless it's exceeding something ridiculous, like 140 decibels at the property line, they shouldn't be doing anything wrong. See if the workers are wearing ear-muffs -- if they're not you could probably bust the job for inadequate safety (OH&S).

Erindub 0

My neighbors have been remodling their crumby house for the past 6 months. Not only does it disturb my sleep but I've gotren 2 flat tires from screws they've left laying in the alley behind our house.

Get a court injunction order, easy! I can even give you a case reference if you want. hasn't anyone here done law before?

"done law before"? lol that isn't even a proper phrase. I'm a lawyer and there is nothing wrong with what is going on. It sucks for the OP but it's not illegal. Noise ordinances are very local in nature and even if you found a little "case" i bet it isn't from Limmasol, Cyprus.

EmMaz9457 0

thats terrable :( try getting those soundproof headphones. they work really well

iAndrea 0

I know just how you feel. I live in a brand new neighborhood and right across the street...they're building a house. At 7 am. Haha. :/