By stupidpplsuck - 15/09/2016 08:41 - United States - Seaside

Today, it's my birthday. The only gift I got was a book on the history of cancers. Not the illness, the zodiac sign. I'm a Virgo. I don't even like astrology. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 767
You deserved it 1 038

stupidpplsuck tells us more.

op here i wouldn't have cared about not getting a gift at all, especially since money is a little tight right now. But the fact that there was a gift and it was something that doesn't really pertain to me or my interests is was got me a little down. I'm still gonna read it and I appreciate the thought, but I would have preferred just a card or something.

Top comments

And there you were, getting your hopes up about the prospect of reading a book documenting the history of an insidious disease, complete with pictures and early accounts from grieving folk who had lost loved ones. My condolences, OP. Wait…

Good for you? People who have grown up to expect birthday presents can turn out alright too y'know.

Comments

"Sir, you have cancer." "Oh, shit." "Not the illness, the zodiac sign." "But I'm a Virgo!" "_(*_*)_/"

Cow_Girl_Lilly 24

Well happy birthday OP! Hopefully getting featured is considered a good birthday present??

Oh wow! The stars were right again! Todays virgo zodiac update predicted that you would be feeling down and that this is a time for change. The all knowing and all seeing oracles over at astrology-zodiac-signs.com say that you are to meet someone new and end up in an interesting relationship never thought possible before. May the stars be with you OP!

And there you were, getting your hopes up about the prospect of reading a book documenting the history of an insidious disease, complete with pictures and early accounts from grieving folk who had lost loved ones. My condolences, OP. Wait…

Everyone who pressed "you deserved it" believes in astrology

The stars were right again! Todays Virgo update predicted that you would be feeling down and that you are to meet someone new which will lead to an interesting relationship never before thought possible. Happy birthday and may the stars be with you OP! Never doubt the cosmos.

I guess having a relationship with a book would be "interesting" at the very least...

Sell it on ebay! With the money buy yourself another gift!