By Anonymous - 03/03/2011 14:21 - United Kingdom

Today, it's my birthday. My parents, whom I live with, told me that they did not get me anything, but instead they said they would knock off a bit of the housekeeping I owe them. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 131
You deserved it 8 324

Same thing different taste

Top comments

For my 18th I got a nice set of luggage and a swift kick in the ass.

#22 Who said she was old enough to live on her own? The fact that OP is expected to do chores doesn't mean that they're legally old enough to move out.

Comments

First off, do your housekeeping regularly and stuff like this won't happen, DUH!

My parents didn't get me anything for my birthday either, OP. In fact, my dad forgot. I had to remind him.

Your parents are just teaching you a valuable lesson of life. That lesson is that no one will ever give two-***** about you or your bloomin' birthday.

jordanprodigy023 0

This is not an FML, why do people expect to GET gifts for their birthday? They've done nothing... For my birthday I actually buy mu mom a gift, she did all the work & she cared for me when I couldn't do for myself... People sometimes... -_-*

Why do people expect to get gifts for their birthday? Maybe because modern society is used to it. Getting presents is more common and normal than getting nothing. So, yes, **** OP's life.

YDI for expecting a gift for something as arbitrary as birthday. I mean, shit, EVERYONE has a birthday. Also, YDI for living with your parents, for even HAVING parents, and for even having a birthday in the first place, you mutant freak.

Heck, I didn't get anything for my birthday either. Get over yourself. At least you have less cleaning to do.

Suzumebachi 5

OMG!!! It's Excalibur! I love soul eater. great pic :3

Lol. Thanks. You're the third person who commented on my pic...

Mebekatya 0

I wish I had parents that let me live in their home, be grateful you brat.

Maybe OP isn't old enough to to move out, they might be like 15 or something?

Brittaneyyy 0

sorry OP that does suck for my bday that's coming up I just got a iPhone but people are a little to harsh u should at least get some cake or something to make it more than just another day n little do some people know on here some parents are just mean

I'd be mean too if I sold crack for a living..