By aerythia - 08/12/2012 16:12 - United States - Nashville

Today, it's my birthday and my ex husband texted me at midnight to tell happy birthday. Too bad he couldn't have texted my new husband to remind him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 674
You deserved it 5 516

Same thing different taste

Comments

You should "forget" his birthday and refuse him birthday sex

I'm sure there was a reason for OP's divorce with her ex-husband.

carminecris89 13

If he forgot then you need to tell him. It really sucks but being holding it against him while not saying something about it does you no good at all. It still sucks but you need to let him know. While its not really any consolation it's nice your ex and you are on good enough terms to wish you happy birthday.

How do you tell when you're in the wrong relationship? When it's your ex who remembers your birthday.

Well Op that's shitty of your current husband to forget, but at least someone remembers you.

Oh, you forgot to advice against kissing in public to avoid the rubish.

crazytwinsmom 25

The first time the husband of someone I know forgot her bday, she bought herself $1000 earrings. Her did not forget again! The ex has probably known OP longer so is more likely to remember than a new husband. But still.

I don't know if I'll ever understand how some women's form of "revenge" is to go out and spend their husband's money on shopping sprees... Wouldn't that money be better used towards keeping up with bills and everyday expenses!?

theBadGuy37 9

The first time my wife goes out and spends $1000 of my money on something stupid will be ever first time I slap a bitch.

crazytwinsmom 25

They had it to burn but it was still memorable in it's point being made. He hadn't gotten her anything so she had a right to get herself a present. I personally wouldn't have spent that much, more like $200.

crazytwinsmom 25

And it's not necessarily his money, she worked too! I work as well, so it wouldn't be my hubby's money either.

carminecris89 13

30 That is some real vicious passive aggressive behavior. That's not an okay thing to do. It sucks that he forgot but to go out and drop a grand on earrings just to make a point is gross. It's worse than him forgetting and it's pretty malicious.

crazytwinsmom 25

Really?! Maybe you didn't see my subsequent notes. Her money, she deserves a bday present, they could definitely afford even more than that. And some men are still like kids, they need it to be memorable to remember next time.

KiddNYC1O 20

Why would your ex husband be texting you at midnight? Then again, it was Friday. So I guess it was okay...