By Anonymous - 13/09/2017 20:00

Today, it's been two weeks since I honked, screamed, and cussed at a cyclist on the road. Since then, my car has been keyed, my tires have been slashed, bricks have been thrown at my windows, and my number has been put on Craigslist as a gay prostitute. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 461
You deserved it 5 949

Same thing different taste

Top comments

that is awful. even if you don't know who it is report it to the police for harassment and destruction of property

D_D 11

So, what made you honk, scream, and cuss at said cyclist?

Comments

D_D 11

So, what made you honk, scream, and cuss at said cyclist?

In my area cyclists constantly say "share the road" however they routinely ignore traffic laws and cut people off and ride in travel lanes instead of the shoulder, they will cross through intersections despite the light being red (they are supposed to wait for a green light, just like a car).

thank you, this happens to me all of the time. sometimes, they'll ride side by side in the middle of the road and motorcyclists will pass on a double yellow line. I just stand my ground, I can't do anything about it. but it's not my fault if they get in a crash

Looks like the cyclist knows you very well. Adress, phone number... Don´t you recognize the guy?

sherbear86 21

There's never any need to yell and cuss at anyone. Furthermore I'd like to know why OP felt the need to do this? Who was in the wrong here? I always respect cyclists in the road because that's where they belong, that being said I've been cut off by a few morons running reds on their damn bikes. Honk and get on with your life.

rjdr 7

How did the cyclist get your phone number...?

ohsnapword 21

You can get an alarming amount of information on someone from their license plate.

I don't like driving by cyclists either, but you shouldn't be an ass about it.

Maybe learn your lesson and don't act like a dick to others for no reason. Being s cyclist on the roads is pretty dangerous thanks to people like OP. If you're in a car you're way more protected than if you're on a bike, respect cyclists and keep your distance.

ohsnapword 21

1. Anyone who says that OP deserves to have their property vandalized is a complete moron. 2. Yes, cyclists have rights to the road, just like motorists. Neither group owns the road and they have to respect each other. When I'm in my car, I try to present as little danger to cyclists as possible. When I'm on my bike, I try to present as little danger to motorists as possible. The ultimate goal is minimizing my risk. 3. Is honking, screaming and cursing excessive? Yes, but I'd rather a driver honks, screams and curses at me than make me into a hood ornament. 4. OP, get a surveillance camera. Catch the guy in the act and send the video to police.

I love how you presented both sides. Most people were one sided about it, while I was kind of on both. I know lots of people on bikes who don't follow the laws and make things dangerous and very frustrating, especially since the car would likely be held accountable regardless, at least where I live. I've also seen many, many drivers that make things dangerous and frustrating. Regardless, OP doesn't deserve harassment and destruction of property just for being honking and cursing.

Despite the offense to the cyclist (who may have actually deserved it), this consequence is disturbingly disproportionate.

I think honking on its on would've been enough... Side note: How'd they get your phone number?