By Anonymous - 07/07/2013 19:04 - Germany - Ahaus

Today, it's been three weeks since I moved to Germany with my own money, after my company's offices in Spain shut down. I was given a job at the headquarters here, only to have just found out that the whole company is now set to go into liquidation. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 434
You deserved it 3 153

Same thing different taste

Top comments

expertsmilee 26

At least you have good beer now!

Comments

olpally 32

Well, time for a drink and a new job. That sucks big time! :/ Good luck op.

Aw, that sucks. Come to Cologne! We got plenty of jobs here and in the meantime it's the best place to hang around because everybody will treat you like their best friend ;)

At least, Germany is a good country in a vey good economical situation, unlike Spain. Since you're already there, time for a new beginning.

I feel dumb, but what's liquidation mean...?

KiddoKS 19

There are these sites on the Internet called search engines. If that's too high tech, you could always try a dictionary :)

graceinsheepwear 33

You would really rather post a comment like that than Google it? You should feel dumb.

TheDrifter 23

Liquidation is the process of selling off company assets to pay creditors in preparation for the finalization of bankruptcy proceedings and the shut down of a company.

graceinsheepwear 33

41, spoon-feed much? Providing the answer just discourages the initiative to do one's own research.

easyprey 8

I always thought liquidating was to melt objects down and store them in containers for storage, later solidifying them to normal again... But then I went to school and learned I was an idiot. The store "Liquidation World" confused the hell out of me.

perdix 29

I'll bet you'll miss the burritos, the tequila and the Mayans!

graceinsheepwear 33

I'll bet you missed a geography class or two. Ha ha!

perdix 29

#36, just setting out the bait and seeing if I get any bites. Gotcha!

TheDrifter 23

Wait, Spain doesn't have tequila? Those poor, unfortunate souls.

perdix 29

#42, they may, but they import it from Mexico, which is located on the continent of North America. Spain, on the other hand, is part of Australia.

graceinsheepwear 33

oh, I knew exactly what you were up to, perdix.

BromineAddict 7

At least you are in the most prosperous country in the EU

No it isn't. It's the 8th according to the 2012 list, the Scandinavian countries are way ahead, the UK and Ireland beat it too.

lexi365 20

Even so, Germany is still pretty high up there economicly.

When have you ever lost one thing and had it replaced with something lesser? Stay open, have patience and be vigilant for your next opportunities. You have come to the place, so be aware of the people and things around you: therein lie your next opportunities.

graceinsheepwear 33

Oh please don't tell me you actually believe that something lost always results in something better coming along. That is magical thinking and not how the world works.

Look at it as one door shutting to another one opening! Find another job and do your thing!

andone2222 2

....so how far did u move from? I'm from America.. i once took a bus from Germany to Austria in like 2 hours thats not bad...

AboveAll04 14

try a get it in bro ? ;) lol

AboveAll04 14

Spain to Germany would be a 2-3,5 hour flight depending on where in Germany and where in Spain you'd fly from/to. By bus it'll take a little more than a day.