By MadWorld - 28/08/2016 17:49

Today, it's been six months since my husband and I have miscarried our daughter who we named Hana Grace. My sister just revealed she is having a girl and naming her Hana Grace since "the name is up for grabs now". FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 630
You deserved it 1 283

Same thing different taste

Top comments

As long as you hold no ill will against the poor girl just because her mother is a ****.

Comments

Oh my God...I'm so sorry! And your sister is a horrible person.

Sorry that your sister is being so inconsiderate, and so sorry for your loss.

Seriously? This is not a subject to make puns about.

This comment is bad and you should feel bad.

There are people that find the Holocaust funny; that still doesn't mean that jokes about it would be appropriate to make at a survivor's speech. Making this sort of joke is like seeing someone get shot, and running over to kicked them in the bullet wound. Unnecessarily cruel, and flat out RUDE to say to someone you don't know.

But as they say, laughter is the best medicine. Though personally I find it funnier how up-in-arms people (well by people I mostly mean GhostFox) are getting over a simple, innocuous pun on the Internet, and not even a pun that is cruel or malicious. Was it inappropriate? Sure. But to call it cruel and compare it to people finding the Holocaust funny? Really?

Gee, it's almost as if getting amusement at the expense of someone who is already hurt, through a joke that is inappropriate because it is harmful, is cruel. Oh, wait. Don't try to redirect attention from your "joke" being inappropriate and at the expense of a person who is already suffering by trying to paint everyone who is disapproving of it as overreacting. It doesn't do your already poor image any good.

Trying to redirect from it being inappropriate? Did you not even read my previous comment where I admitted that it was? And I'm not saying anything about everyone overreacting, you're the only one overreacting. I could see it being cruel if it was a joke about a dead baby or something, but literally all I did was use the name in a pun. If OP even did read it, I seriously doubt she took it hurtful, and has most likely already forgotten it even existed. Saying it is hurtful and at the expense of others is like saying the "I did Nazi that coming" pun is hurtful to Jews. And now honestly we're both just making it even worse by making a big deal about it.

Wow... Your sister sounds like a bitch! I'm so sorry for your loss tho?

beeriah17 14

What a cow! hope you are OK x

I'm so sorry for your loss. Miscarriages are painful enough without your family being ******* ***** in the aftermath.

lollypop30001 19

Make me want to throat punch her that is so rude and nasty if your sister!

I'm sorry for your loss. Hopefully you can convince your sister that the name isn't up for grabs as it still holds special place in your heart

Your sister is painfully inconsiderate. I'm so sorry for your loss. My wife had 2 miscarriages and then went on to give birth to a lovely son and (3 years later) a beautiful daughter. So keep your chin up, OP, there's always hope.

While it's true that you have no "claim" to the name (which I'm sure was her argument), that is a completely heartless, selfish thing for her to do. Unbelievable.

I don't know, in many ways I think OP does have a claim. It belongs to her daughter - why should her sister's child have the same name as OP's daughter?

She had a daughter and the daughter had a name. Whether or not that daughter was born, she existed. The name is not up for grabs. Op's an angel already has taken the name. I have 2 angels and can relate. It is terribly painful and I hope the sister doesn't lose her baby. If she does she will fully understand that it's your CHILD! even when you haven't held her. So so mean and inconsiderate. I'm sorry for your loss.

Depending on how developed the fetus was, (usually starting around 2-3 months I think) it's actually ENCOURAGED for the parents to name the fetus to help with the grieving process. So... In most Western cultures, the name was VERY MUCH unavailable.