By FriendlessLoser - 17/08/2016 07:11 - United States - Bristow

Today, it's again one of many times my mom dropped me off at the mall to hang out with friends. Since I have no friends, I shop by myself and always tell her I had "so much fun". FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 662
You deserved it 2 724

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why don't you just tell her, "I have nobody to hang out with" mom's know that feeling.

Comments

zeffra13 31

Have you tried chatting with other customers in your favorite stores or in the food court? I'm sure there's other teens hanging out there too.

Nyattack 14

In all honesty, if I was out shopping with my friends or on my own and some person I don't know just popped up and started making small talk, I'd most probably get annoyed or creeped out... Most people don't approach strangers like that, except if they're trying to flirt...

I shop by myself all the time. No distractions and i can pick my own clothes. In and out rather quickly!

Ruskiy_Cherep 18

I always go shopping and to the movies alone, nothing wrong with that. Im just a loner

neuronerd 28

Hopefully, you can enjoy a little retail therapy. Things get better. I was the official loser of my middle and high school. Now, I have a large group of great friends who want to hang out all the time, and I even have a club in town that throws my birthday party (this from the girl who tried to throw a birthday party at 14, invited over 20 people, and had 3 show up).

neuronerd 28

Nope, definitely was. If I left a book in a classroom, I'd find it in my locker later after someone had defaced it and torn out pages (happened a few times), I'd get invited to things or asked out as a joke, then get laughed at when I showed up, and guys used to bark at me, because they said I was ugly as a dog. Classic ugly duckling here.

Oh that's so terrible, it actually makes me sad. They'd bark at you, what is wrong with people sometimes. However, I think what #23 was trying to say is, you were never a loser. Your peers were just mean, superficial, jerks, it was a problem with them, not with you.

I'm sorry that happened to you. Remember this though; if they felt the need to treat you like that, they were obviously insecure and targeted people such as yourself to make fun of because they thought that they were making themselves feel better. And that made them the real losers, putting people down as a way to cope with their insecurities.

Well if you're at the mall all the time, use it as an excuse to meet some new people.

I do believe that this was the saddest FML ever. I'm sorry OP. Talk to your Mom she loves you and only wants what's best for you.

So you choose to go just to make your mother think you have friends or does she make you go to the mall?