By BaconGirl - 08/07/2016 06:00

Today, it has been my lifelong dream to work with animals. My dream sorta came true. I now work at the slaughterhouse. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 254
You deserved it 2 016

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Bonngoo 34

I mean... you kinda decide where you work.. right?

Comments

Ignore all the "you should..." comments and be aware that, though you may think of yourself as merely a girl who works at a slaughterhouse, to everyone else you are She Who Giveth Bacon.

"Hey, how are my qualifications to work at the vet's?" "Do you have any prior work experience with animals?" "Yeah, I worked at a slaughterhouse." Yep, nothing wrong there.

When I was little, my friend's mom was a veterinarian, and she worked at a slaughterhouse... I believe as a USDA inspector?

Sounds like a good job for someone who cares about animal rights actually. They won't let the slaughterhouse get away with anything.

No, people who care about animal rights would be protesting the very existence of the slaughterhouse. Animal welfare proponents want animals killed a certain way. Animal rights proponents recognize that "humane slaughter" is an oxymoron.

People also know that lots of animals eat other animals. Nothing wrong with liking rabbit in a cage or in a plate.

I bet that rabbit would disagree with you. And, yes, some animals do eat other animals. It is necessary for their survival. Felines, for instance, are obligate carnivores. Humans, however, are not. There is much debate over whether humans are even omnivores.

I mean, you guys don't seem to care about plants even though as we learn more about them we are learning they react to pain and signal each other. But I guess if you can't hear it scream like animals it doesn't matter, hm?

Nice try, #49. I know you think you're awfully clever, but I have heard this argument hundreds of times before. Human beings require plant material to live. We do not require meat products to live. It is okay to eat what you are required to live. Also, many plant products, such as fruit, are designed to be eaten. It is an evolutionary strategy to provide for the dispersal of seeds. And, finally, if you do think plants have feelings, which they very well might, it still kills far fewer plants to eat them yourself than to feed an animal and then eat that animal. What else ya got?

...Did you or did you not choose this job?

She probably lives in Soviet Russia, so the job chose her.

ohhh damn. I guess that took a bad twist from working with to killing animals.. I guess you still technically get to work with animals

Some vets work for the Usda and they work in plants to check for pathology.

Are you vegan/vegetarian? Because if you actually love animals then you would be. Every time you have a burger you contribute to the slaughter of billions yearly.

I love animals. And you know what I hunt and fish. I kill to eat. If you actually love animals too you'd do the same because not hunting animals is extremely bad for the environment.

That is a hasty and misguided "solution" to overpopulation. The only true way to bring an ecosystem back to balance is by restoring predators. Humans both feed prey species, allowing them to surpass the ecosystem's natural population density, and also kill off keystone predators out of ignorance and fear. Humans need to restore nature, and then stay out of it.

Humans are the worst blight on the face of the earth. We destroy everything & give nothing in return.

0clairebaire 18