By jeremyj - 10/06/2012 00:24 - United States

Today, is the third day since I opened my small coffee shop. My parents had given me a nice frame to put my first dollar from working in. I had to sneak in a dollar from my own wallet so they wouldn't know how bad business was when they came to visit. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 246
You deserved it 2 835

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Maybe you need to rethink your business plan.

Things will pick up. Just need a few people to spread the word

Comments

Usually takes about two-three years for businesses to actually start making money. You gotta start small. Just keep giving amazing customer service and people will keep coming back :)

Coming back? Not one person has come in yet. He hasn't made a single sale. OP, I really hope you did market research before opening yet another coffee shop. Your shop will need something to lure people in and make them not go to Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, Coffee Beanery, etc. You need to advertise what that something is (wifi, great baked goods/sandwiches, amazing prices, variety of coffees, specialty drinks, live music evenings...). If you don't know this, I'm not sure your business will do well. If you've already done all this and still haven't had one customer, I don't think your business will do well. The market might be flooded.

74 you completely misunderstood 12's comment. He said once business picks up to do all that.

reddudeover 2

I don't have a surly smart ass remark. I have nothing, but respect for someone who has the will to go out and start their own thing. Even if you aren't as successful as you want to be you've still done more than a lot of others out there. Good luck.

13- No shirt, no head.. No business. Put a shirt on.

challan 19

Sorry but why does it matter what his profile picture's like? Who gives a shit, seriously. That's even more retarded than judging someone on the street by their appearance...

challan 19

Don't get me wrong, I like his profile picture, always nice to look at something like that! Just linking it with the FML. And... I should have known better then to point out I wanted to comment that. Sorry FMLers!

Tuesdaythe10th 11
SmileyLexie123 0

Make your own website or get a costume and stand at the corner waving a sign if you have to!!

Op get some half naked good looking women to stand outside your shop holding signs, that will get you some customers.

I would be disappointed to find that it was a coffee shop if they were outside!

challan 19

Haha ^ you're right! People will be going in looking for a different kind of muffin! Perhaps he should start with samples of coffee.

Dont you'll make it rain sweetums. Just spread the words :)

peachesncreem 21

Start with your friends. Get them to bring their friends in and so on. My sister in-law started slowly too but she didn't give up! She's been running her coffee shop for 4 years. Don't lose heart! You can do it OP!

mtrrace 4

I need a dollar, dollar. A dollar is what I need...