By bitchypast - 27/01/2015 23:50 - United States - Rockland

Today, is the blizzard. I have to go into work, my boss threatened to fire me if I didn't show up. I sent him a picture of the snow completely covering my car. He said I moved the snow there and could move it back. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 394
You deserved it 2 260

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ndnpride88 25

Idk if you are aware but if your state declares a state of emergency he/she cannot fire you for not showing up for work. Look it up to verify your state work laws during state emergencies. Good luck op.

Comments

Your boss is just in a rotten mood because your coworker dropped the ball on a lie. This is why each house should come with a built in Batcave. So your car can stay out of the weather, and be easier to get in and out of, and it's less likely to be stolen when it's in the Batcave.

How dare you have a life outside of the work! You should have stayed at your workplace until the weather got better! Your boss sound like such a sweetheart, I'm sure he would be kind enough to let you work overnight in addition to your daily work.

If your state declares an emergency than he can't fire you. Still, FYL. I hope it all got sorted out okay and that you're still employed!

Your boss sounds like a dick. I'm not sure how things work in the US, but you could probably get him for unfair dismissal if he was to fire you. Good luck, op.

When at work cover his car up... See how he deals with it.

I've driven after 2' of snow fell. There were cars stuck in the middle of the road but it was accually possible. Also it looks very different when you move snow as when it falls naturally somewhere

seriously..in all seriousness he thought you took huge effort to plow the snow onto your car... what an asshole....

I live in Maine as well. yes, we are used to driving in the snow, but yesterday was still bad enough where No one should have been out. LePage declared a state of emergency. most businesses were going to close down anyway. I saw one car that was completely buried except for the windshield wipers that were left sticking up. your boss is an inconsiderate ass. it sucks you had to deal with that and I hope you stayed safe.