By loser - 17/02/2009 23:33 - United States

Today, in front of the entire family, I yelled at my mom and told her she wasn't a good parent. She responded with "Well, at least I had friends when I was your age." FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 999
You deserved it 52 108

Same thing different taste

Top comments

freddie_fml 0

Uh... maybe that's the kind of comment you want to make to your mom when you are alone with her instead of airing dirty laundry like that in front of the whole family? You deserved that one.

toenails 0

People blame their parents for being bad parents but the question is, how great of a child are you?

Comments

it certainly doesn't mean shit, it means that she at the very least has some common sense to let you be. Everyone knows that this alone doesn't mean you are a good parent, but it certainly makes up a good chunk of it. I myself have never ever seen a parent who would suck just everything up from their child, which in my opinion is a worse parent. Your statement about the mother making a funny tho hurting remark proving she's a bad parent is shittier in any case. It doesn't in any case help the point that the mother may in fact be a bad parent, but this remark alone is pretty normal.

This is no way to handle a disagreement - yelling at your parents in front of the entire family proves you childish and irrational; you pretty much deserved a smack across the face for that one.

alwaysalady 0

If i said that to my mom, I would get my ass kicked, and I'm an adult. If my kids did that, I would kick their asses. When I hear other people's children doing that, I want to kick their asses too. Parents brought you into this world, and the CAN TAKE YOU OUT.

maebelline12 12

#37- What do you mean by "take you out"? What are they going to do, kill their kid?? Parents brought you into the world, so they are responsible for you. Otherwise they shouldn't have had kids in the first place.

You got ZINGED HARDCORE by yo mom! She da queen bee of da ZING!

smil3es 0

That's so harsh. You have to put up with that bullshit? It's not something that you should get 'use' too. Anyway, I'll be your friend if that makes it any better! xD

Matterial 0

Wow shitty mom. You both fail =/

epic_fail_whoa 0

Guys, before we attack the OP because apparently she/he's a "terrible child," we need to take a step back and THINK. WE HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TRIGGERED THIS! Their mother may have done a completely crappy thing to them! Anyway, sorry 'bout this, especially because so many people attack you!! Hope you made up or something...

maxbrohaugh 0

Thats the best or worst FML I have ever read. Be proud! I am!

twilightobsesser 0

Sounds a **** load like my mother. but telling her she is a bad parent was uncalled for

Drazendoll 0

I'm 30odd & still suffering the affects of a mother who sounds like she could be really similar to yours. Was this something you did because she's abusive to you & you felt empowered to confront her or was it more of a blow up at your mum?? There are parents out there who take absolute pleasure in belittling & humiliating their children/spouses in public/group situations....this could have been the result of one of them. I know it happens, because it happened to me. The friends things is incredibly cruel, just as cruel as the parental thing, social status is of absolute importance & failing at it has led people to kill themselves. So I think the mother is in the wrong for that remark, she could have just as effectively defended herself by questioning the statement. She was childish & cruel. If it's a blow up, you've just learned an important lesson, choose your battle grounds wisely & know that your mum has enough on you to grind you into the ground.