By wellthanks - 10/06/2013 17:04 - United States

Today, in class, we were discussing stereotypes. We were asked about common ones about nearby cities. A guy said, "Well, they say Lumberton has the prettiest girls." My teacher asked if any of us were from Lumberton, so I raised my hand. The guy quickly said, "Nevermind." FML
I agree, your life sucks 60 415
You deserved it 5 858

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Pwn17 25

Jesus Christ... Why are so many people absolute assholes?

Little did you know the guy is gay and was looking for another guy to raise his hand.

Comments

iLike2Teabag 27

Well if the town is called Lumber-ton, that must mean all the guys there get a ton of wood, right? Ill show myself out..

OP, don't let a no talent ass clown dictate how you feel about yourself. We are all beautiful people and deserve somebody who loves us and takes care of us and treats us right. Obviously he's not even in the running.

Hey, don't take that comment to heart. Whether he was kidding or not shouldn't matter to much. Who cares about his opinion on your looks. Even if he was kidding. You shouldn't. The only thing that TRULY matters is how YOU feel about yourself. Not others. Although it is pretty nice to be complimented on your looks ^^ Only pay attention to the positive things people have to say about your looks. The negativity doesn't matter. I bet you're a very beautiful girl. Hope you weren't affected deeply by his comment :/

ultrabigasstaco 10

That guy is a douche but I can say that is the only good stereotype I've ever heard about Lumberton. I've never spent much time there though... If this is even the same place. Op you don't need to listen to him though....

I'm going to assume it is in Texas, which is the city next to me. I've only heard the racist stereotype.

ultrabigasstaco 10

I'm from NC and it's about half an hour from me and I have never heard anything good about that place. They're all racists there too. Or so I hear...

amandagrace94 11

There's apparently like 50 lumbertons everywhere and they all have bad reps. I live an hour away from one in nc and you never hear anything good about it.

I'm sorry OP :( That was an unnecessary comment. What a jerk he is and to people like him: **** THEM! He's probably just trying to make himself feel better by being mean to others. Keep your head up and smile OP. :)

iammeorami 25

Hahaha I see what you did there, 77! :p

Well, I applaud you on your effort for proving that stereotypes are negative and unhealthy representations of groups of people. Keep it up.

NudeSuitSquad 7
gameofthrones_fml 12

Yeah well he's ugly on the inside

He could have just been embarrassed. We all know how if someone calls someone else in the school cute or pretty, you get picked on. If not, he's an asshole.

why are people being such dicks lately? Or has it always been like this and I'm just getting older and more cynical?