By failureparent - 21/03/2011 01:25 - United States

Today, in an attempt to get my son to stop playing Call of Duty, I threw his Xbox controller out the window. He was so desperate, he followed it. His bedroom is on the second floor. My son has 3 broken ribs, and no future. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 833
You deserved it 54 585

Same thing different taste

Top comments

...WOW. That's some serious addiction right there. That boy needs therapy. Seriously though OP, you don't need to go that far. You can RROD an XBox 360 just by looking at it the wrong way. I should know -- I own one. -_-

My dad doesn't know I have an xbox. He'd do the same thing hahaha. So I only play when he goes away on business trips which is regular enough anyway.

Comments

Kefka91 15

I think both of you overreacted. I'm a technophile so throwing a controller or any sort of tech is a crime against nature in my eyes, but id never follow said controller out a window more than 1 floor up. FYL for having an idiot son FHL for being addicted enough to jump out a windo YDI for overreacting & throwing controller out a window

Agreed. Instead of throwing the controller out of the window he could have kept it somewhere his son couldn't find it. (sorry bad grammar)

Thats not an overreaction. Its good parenting. Hell, i would have sold the xbox.

mega00ant 0

that's a $60 controler... I would have pushed you out the window! don't touch other ppl things next time..!

mega00ant 0

well if she did she's just wasted her own money...

FYLDeep 25

Those things were 50 bucks when the 360 was new, so they should be even less now.

the deductible on the broken ribs is probably a bit more than sixty bucks.

If I were your father I would say get the **** out of the house with the damn controller, if you're gonna live under your parents roof, you're gonna follow their rules.

skyeyez9 24

my neighbor's son was climbing a tree and nearly at the top when she noticed and hollered for him to come down, cause their medical deductible was $10,000.

crazycrackah101 0

it could be the boys mom. it never says if the moms male or female it just says "my son"

Banana_Pancakes6 0

21 - Don't you mean "baught" it..?

Anaxes 5

#472 - Yeah, I don't know how he didn't know the proper spelling. It's almost as if he spelt it wrong on purpose...

technically the mother bought the controller, so she wasn't touching other peoples stuff. hahaha hate me!!!!

krystian23 0

You should be thrown out a window for doing such a thing

misa08 0

does sucks sorry bout ur son

ryanst 7

This post would go perfectly with the one about facebook.. both their sons are dumbasses.

ryanst 7

Wow, they even put the same name for their FMLs..

maybe it's the same person lol in that case they have raised a complete idiot!

I would slap my mother if she threw ANY of my shit out the window!

shaunasykes97 0

If I was your mother I'd beat you if you slapped me...JS.

what kind of person would beat their mom. you must be a "real" man to do that

And i'd toss your goldbricking ass onto the street, tough-guy.

Chaosinferno 4

the OP is a male stupid..stupid...stupid

thumper_tigr 0

OMG! God help my boys if either one of them raise a hand at me, I'd beat them then my husband would kill them! Everything you have is a gift not a right for as long as you are under their roof, you don't like it get the f*** out! I commend the parent for throwing it out, I would've unplugged the whole thing and possibly put it on craigslist!

Lalala1996 0

(Posted for Juvinial Delequent Center)

atariangel 0

You're so ****** up. At least your son isn't on the streets doing drugs, drinking or trying to have as much sex as possible. You were an extreme asshole and now your child is injured what a great parent you turned out to be... That's sarcasm in case you couldn't comprehend that!

Anai08 17

So as long as he's addicted to the point of bodily injury to anything other than sex, drugs, or alcohol, or criminal activity anything else is okay? No! Moderation is what's important and OP is right to be concerned his son is so obsessed with his hobby that it supersedes his own safety. Unless COD puts food on the table (which is only the case for maybe 100 people in the entire world), OP's son should be banned from the Xbox for awhile. I'd encourage you OP to spend more time with your son, get him books to read or have him invite his friends over. Get more involved in his life, and I'm sure he'll turn out to be a more well balances adult.

WallyTheWombat 0

Actually I know 2 people that make a comfortable living off CoD and other games. YouTube is good to you if you get lots of views. Plus I think being addicted to videogames is better than being addicted to cocaine. I'm just saying I'd rather have my kid's addition in his room where I at least know where he is.

WallyTheWombat 0

Actually I know 2 people that make a comfortable living off CoD and other games. YouTube is good to you if you get lots of views. Plus I think being addicted to videogames is better than being addicted to cocaine. I'm just saying I'd rather have my kid's addition in his room where I at least know where he is.

What's wrong with having as much sex as possible? : /

chasemoehlman 1

Don't stand between a guy and his games. That should have been a commercial for xbox haha

I'd do that to my boyfriend. He's like glued to the tv screen.