By Anonymous - 16/10/2009 20:56 - United States

Today, I wrote the most beautiful college application essay ever, ten minutes before the online deadline. Instead of clicking "submit", I clicked the button next to it that said "return". The entire essay vanished into internet wasteland. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 680
You deserved it 46 187

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ydi for not taking the proper time to write the application. And for writing it in the browser. and for not turning it in earlier.

Learn a lesson, maybe? COPY AND PASTE FROM A DOCUMENT!

Comments

You don't save your work, you deserve whatever happens to it.

perdix 29

I guess you're not college material after all.

Well, she knows how to procrastinate really well, so at least she's got that part of it down. :]

perdix 29

If she convince the admissions committee that her grandmother died that moment, she'd be really ready for college. College students are magically bestowed with an endless supply of sickly grandparents with one foot in the grave ready to nobly perish once their beloved grandchild-scholar gets shit-faced the night before any examination.

Oh, yes. Attending fifty funerals a semester is common among college students. I prefer to do it the old-school way and tell the professor that my dog ate my homework, and so forth.

Yeah that happened to me a few times while filling out applications. Except I had the foresight to write the essay in word first, and also to turn in my application earlier than the last day.

Then it didn't really happen to you, did it?

That's why you type those in something like Word and then copy it to the application. That way you can save it, and also at least do spell check on it.

RubixMonkey 0

The internet elves thank you for the wonderful essay. We decline to give it back due to unspecified reasons. You did not submit the application of return on time and so we are not inclined to support your endeavors. Much thanks, Oh-Ka-Rap, leader of the internet elves.

suaveneanderthal 0

see this is why you don't wait until ten minutes before the deadline! I applied to college in north carolina two years ago and trust me they give you plenty of notice about when early decision, early application and regular application deadlines are. Even though i don't know of a single college in which the regular application deadlines have already passed. I could believe that early application and certainly early decision have passed but regular applications should still be open. All schools are different though.

Why is everyone telling her to copy/paste from a Word processor? The real solution here is to click the correct button. Do you have Parkinson's or something? Edit: Whoops, clicked Spill the beans! button by mistake, fixed now.

imafreak2 0

notepad??? who the **** writes in notepad other than web designers??? ur a dumbass

the_stereotype 0

ahahaha! it took me a couple of rereads to get it, but #19, that was witty. i have to hand it to you.

I use notepad for everything that doesn't need special formatting. It opens faster, takes less memory, and is easier to use.

Wow, imafreak2, that was the stupidest comment I've seen on FML today, and that's saying a lot!

Save your work every ten minutes, and write it in a word processor. Oh, and never leave stuff to the last minute. YDI on many levels.

thats why you type an essay on word, save it, print it out, have someone qualified read it (ie, a teacher) and then edit it, repeat. then copy and paste it onto the application space. since you obviously procrastinated til the last minute, i doubt your essay was the "most beautiful college application essay ever." good luck getting into community college. i doubt any would take you tho

I'm sure the essay wasn't that beautiful if you are stupid enough to hit the wrong button. What do you not look at shit before you click it? I think I would be more careful if the damn thing was that great on what button I press.