By negromancer - 11/07/2009 01:08 - United States

Today, I worked up the courage to ask my crush out for coffee after work. She agreed and I confidently said, "Alright, it's a date!" She replied, "Haha, a date with you? I'm just going for the free coffee!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 56 664
You deserved it 4 372

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Xeciaris 0

I hate girls like her. Gold digging bitch, just waiting to find a rich old geezer to marry and divorce to loot out millions in divorce settlements. Don't even bother to go to the coffee place with her. I bet she's a STD sanctuary. Just move on.

Surely you told her where to go after that?

Comments

i wouldnt let some snobby prissy bitch ruin my day... im sure if she's like that, she's not worth it

Hoax_fml 0

That sucks. Never speak to her again, don't even give her the time of day. Its not worth it, you already know how she feels. Hell she doesn't even have the tact to try and be coy or 'nice' about it.

Don't you just love women who give off early warning signs that they're not worth it?

taz1 1

Shame love that sucks! Girls have no idea how lucky they are that society doesn't require them to make the 1st move. Of course there is a teeny chance she was joking, maybe she was nervous & just said what came out of her mouth without thinking coz she actually likes you, but I take it you'd have realized the difference so probably not. Consider urself lucky- u dodged a bullet with that bitch, I promise we're not all like that :)

CJ090 0

Oh thank you 1 of u females understands our pain gosh

#17 a girl that understands our pain, thank you. However I can imagine this is fake, no girl is stupid enough to tell a guy that she is going on a date only for free coffee because then the date is inevitably cancelled afterwards.

Hear hear. Though I make the first move if I want to.... despite being labelled as aggressive or promiscuous afterward...

I don't see why anyone would think it's promiscuous, #61. Ask a guy out for coffee, that would pretty much make his day, you know?

Am I missing something? Doesn't that sound like a good joke on her part? Whats with the hate replies!

Are you kidding me. You think its funny to step on someones feelings like.

You should have told her something like, " Why of course it's your treat after all!". :-)

Gold digger going for free coffee? OP wrote "after work". not "after kindergarten". So given the she is not a gold digger, but still agreed, she was most likely joking and in the very least she has a generally friendly disposition.

Both people could easily be teenagers, in which case it's very likely that a girl (though not a nice one) would do that, without being friendly or joking or anything.

wishingtobe 2

what does being a teenager have to do with it?