By Anonymous - 21/04/2009 00:41 - United States

Today, I work for the local fire department. I had a long call and I was hot and sweaty. I decided to skinny dip in my pool because it was still dark out. Everything went great untill my flood light went on and my dad ran out with a bat. I got smacked in the side with a baseball bat. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 929
You deserved it 6 543

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Today, I was laying there, resting at night, when a very sweaty firefighter jumped on me, without showering first. I'm a pool. Yuck. FML

I'm assuming this is a male posting? #2 You seen the state of the economy, there is alot of folk who are still living with their parents!

Comments

xxwilkywayxx 0

The OP can be 17 or 18. Many towns have a volunteer fire dept that you can join at 16.

imadonkeymoo 0

Ouch! Could he not tell it was you?

Today, I was laying there, resting at night, when a very sweaty firefighter jumped on me, without showering first. I'm a pool. Yuck. FML

Firefighter that still lives with his parents? Dude seriously?

#15 you're trying too hard. #16: As was said, some volunteer companies can be joined as young as 16... try not being ignorant. That said, if he's older than like 25, I think he should probably be looking at moving on. OP: I hope your dad is half-blind or something. He didn't recognize you in bat-swinging range? Really?

#7 #13 and #17 I'm thinking the real FML here is that with a flood light on the Dad saw he was hitting his son. Maybe despite the economy, the parents want their house back...time to move out OP.

/agree with #18; and not only that, but HOW did this one get "passed" by the FML Judges? This story sucks AND is badly-written. Sorry. "Today, I work for the local fire department"?!? C'mon, people.

deliciouskaek 1

I might be missing something here, so please pardon me if I am, but.. Your firehouse has a pool? Otherwise, why weren't you there? Did the call come in just at the end of your 'shift' or something, and you went home right after? If you'd returned to the firehouse like other firefighters do, couldn't you have showered there before going home? I'm not sure I buy this one.