By Valentine_Beauty - 06/10/2012 08:58 - United States

Today, I wore a dress that I bought last weekend to work, thinking how I liked it and it fitted me perfectly, until someone at work told me that I was actually wearing a nightie. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 975
You deserved it 23 671

Valentine_Beauty tells us more.

Valentine_Beauty 5

Hi yeah i know a lot of ya'll are thinking of how dumb am i to wear a nightie and not know the difference..for one thing, it was sold with other dresses and no it's not see through, it actually has an underskirt and the reason my colleague commented was due to the lacy neckline.. and i actually paired it off with a slacks and a cardigan, so no, i'm not working in a brothel though that made me LOL...people can have the silliest idea.. i'm still a bit convinced it's a dress, but nevertheless i'm not wearing it out any more.. cheers!

Top comments

perdix 29

Just tell Victoria to keep it a secret. Maybe no one else will notice.

Comments

How did you not notice that it was a nightie??!!

Maybe the OP herself is just really short, or that is one long night dress for OP to be confused.

perdix 29

Just tell Victoria to keep it a secret. Maybe no one else will notice.

I'm guessing you're not the brightest bulb out there

How did you not notice you were in the sleepwear section? Did the fact that the dress had Zzzzs and sheep all over it not tip you off?

seriouslythat 6

Here I was thinking all dresses had little Zzzzzs and sheep on them...

FlyMeAway 2

People tend to leave clothing wherever if they don't want it. It was probably just there and in OP's size. And hey, what's wrong with Zzz's and sheep?:D

How could you possibly not know that it was a nightie? YDI

perdix 29

That's the Grammar Police version of handing out a ticket for jaywalking -- when no serious crimes are going on, you've got to do something with your time. "Fitted" is the British version, and it also is right for a different sense of the verb "to fit" in American English. Yeah, I agree it sounds weird to hear it from an American, but I wouldn't call it a grammar crime.

I didn't call it a grammar crime just saying anybody with half a brain would hear that sentence and know its wrong.

Sounding like a 2 yr old who is barely learning how to form sentences. It's no surprise dumbass was over there thinking a nightgown was a dress.

Did you not get the entire point of the post above you? You also used an incorrect form of "it's" so you are hardly the grammar police.

When the **** did I say I was the grammar police pendeja?

My mother once went to a casino in Monaco wearing a nightdress. Nobody noticed - they even complimented her on it. I guess some nightdresses just don't look like nightdresses. If you feel good, it doesn't really matter what someone else says.

A sexy nightie could EASILY be gotten away with in a casino. Kinda cool, but it's not really the same as wearing one to work.

devore504 7

maybe they work in a bar or something