By allison_fishing - 25/10/2012 04:37 - United States

Today, I woke up with pink eye. My mom tried to help by putting drops in. It started burning like hell; she didn't understand why. It turns out she was putting ear drops in my eye. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 288
You deserved it 1 836

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If this ever happens again, quickly put some eye drops in your ears.

Niceeeeee, that would be why you read the label before you try and use something... FYL OP hope you feel better.

Comments

some of those meds are interchangeable, used for both ears and eyes...

BellaBelle_fml 23

Most eye drops are safe to be used as ear drops. And some eye drops were even designed to be used for both eyes and ears. However, it's a one way street there. All ear drops were not designed to be used in the eyes. I can understand how some people may confuse eye and ear drops as eye drops are called 'optic' medications, and ear drops are called 'otic' medications. It can also be confusing because most eye and ear drops bottles look very similar and are often stored in the same area.

The same thing happened to me except I just had allergies

Its no biggie.. You can use ears drops for your eyes, and eye drops for your ears..

You can use eye drops for the ears and eyes but you can only use ear drops for the ears.

perdix 29

You should have left your Pink Eye alone and said it was your way to support Breast Cancer Awareness. It's cheaper than having to grease some snooty cashier during an awkward shakedown.

I know someone got confused between (in)eye-cream and superglue

Oh, I know how that is. I believe from when I was 2 years old to when I was about 6, my mum pulled me around by my hair.. But subtly, of course... But anyway, I'd like to ask OP if there were labels on the bottles.. Or if his mum doesn't pay attention.. Either way, that's got to hurt like hell

Pink eye? Ha! Nice coverup. I'm not buying it. Next time, let your boyfriend "finish" somewhere other than your face.

perdix 29

Aye, Ye Olde Angry Pirate . . . Avast Ye, Mateys!

eversdeens 5

The exact thing almost happened to me a few days ago. Wow.

dang sorry OP. she really needs to read the label next time.

You might want to check what kind of ear drops they were. Some ear drops (for removing wax) are based on hydrogen peroxide. I sure as hell wouldn't want that in my eyes and if you did then I would go and see a doctor or emergency department. Take the drops with you. Chemical burns to your eyes _will not_ make you Daredevil! If you're not sure then get it checked out.