By Anonymous - 18/12/2015 11:40 - United States - Santa Cruz

Today, I woke up to noises from downstairs. I practically pissed my pants and called the cops. Turned out it was just my cat being a dickhead in the living room. FML
I agree, your life sucks 19 727
You deserved it 5 806

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ugh, this happened to me once. I was just robbing somebody's house and could hear them freaking out upstairs. Fortunately, I was wearing my fursuit, so they mistook me for their cat.

Sounds like an FML for the police guys who showed up. Today, some idiot called us in thinking he was getting robbed. The 'noises' he heard was his cat. FML

Comments

jazzybaby179 22

Cats are assholes! & sorry about that scare Op!

olpally 32

Damn cats. Plotting to kill you most likely.

Nearly all of these "overreaction to a nocturnal noise" stories seem to emanate from the USA, which makes me wonder as to the state of their society. "Came home late, brother thought it MUST have been a burglar and belted me with a baseball bat." "Branch scraped side of house in midnight breeze, HAD to be an armed gang climbing in the window.." "Dog farted at 2am, OBVIOUSLY I thought it was a home invasion" What have you created for yourselves America? Your twitchy, paranoiac "assume the very worst, most violent, most gory horror movie" scenario mindset is creating the very thing you fear most.

Shut up commy, I'll probably get banned for this seeing as the admins are the pussy French

Hopefully these ******* are either just teenagers or dumbasses who make up shit to get posted. If I hear a noise in my house, I turn on the damn lights and go looking with my gun. God help them if I ever find someone.

It's called being cautious. If I was home alone and heard noises, I would call the cops. There is no problem with being scared.

A statement like this makes me wonder where YOU live. Living alone and hearing movement in your house in the middle of the night doesn't faze you? No offense but that sounds like we'll be seeing you as a home invasion victim on CNN soon.

Badkarma4u 17

Exactly that and most of the posters are young. When have kids you cant afford to be so twitchy. You have to be the one to explain to them that things that go bump in the night are not the boogeyman.

#39, having a cat (or dog, or other active housepet) isn't quite "living alone" when it comes to middle-of-the-night noises. Now, if you can see your pet and are still hearing unexplained noises, or if you hear voices, it may be time for concern. But in a great many places in the US (and elsewhere), home invasion is not the first assumption or anywhere near the most likely cause of strange noises. My weirdest overnight awakening was because raccoons were mating on the roof.

Ah maybe you could have remembered about your cat they are always doing things like that !

If you're a child, I'll let that slide. but if an adult - that's pathetic. Grow up.

#19 It's not childish at all to be afraid of a threat like that. You never know what's there and it's better that OP called and it being a mistake then not calling and there actually being someone potentially dangerous in the house.

moocowmilk0 19

what was the cat doing that was so frightening?

gobiteme2 34

Waiting on the fireplace mantel waiting to pounce.

You own a cat and called police because it made noise. You'll have to convince me you're not an idiot, or a Kardashian.

PePziNL 20

I know you might be felt silly but you did the right thing. better safe than dead...or however the saying goes.

You should have known better when owning a cat. :p