By fired tomoz - 29/10/2014 15:46 - South Africa - Pretoria

Today, I woke up to a text from my manager, saying "Hed's up dude, ur gettin fired tomoz. CEO's pissed. No hard feelins m8". Great. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 794
You deserved it 3 003

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sounds like you may be better off . At least you co worker sounds like a teenager not a professional.

Tell him he can only fire you if he can spell it right.

Comments

OP, you have to elaborate on this &let us know what happens when you get in. Sounds like you got blamed for something.

Even I don't use that much abbreviation while texting.

Why is your exclamation point in parentheses followed by ellipses(?)...

At least he gave you a heads up so you're not blindsided by it.

At least you got the heads up I went for surgery and begged my Dr to let me go back to work before the full week was up, just to be fired when I got back

When you what!? Returned to work? Had sex with the bosses daughter? Egged the bosses house? Don't leave us hanging there!

I'm curious as to what the CEO is pissed about.

Same here, also, I'm surprised to see that few comments here look at this in the FML. People are complaining about text language being used in a text, rather than comment on how did op annoy the manager, and does op deserve to be fired for it?

Axel5238 29

Agreed, the text sounds more like a reaction to something OP did rather than around of lay offs due to corporate reasons.

you are better off with that teenage minded manager

With, or without?? They're kind of opposite, in case you hadn't noticed.

the manager probably learned to text from a flip phone that didnt have a full keyboard. it was so much effort to use proper language that people texted like this. thats why its usually adults who use this text lingo,

I learned to text that way too. I still took the time to type actual words. This is just a lazy bastardization of the English language.