By rhartnett11 - 16/02/2011 12:56

Today, I woke up to a bloody nose. Instead of rushing to the bathroom, I creatively dripped the blood over a knife for photography class because the assignment was to show emotion. So many of the students and faculty were disturbed that I'm now forced to talk to the school psychologist. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 677
You deserved it 41 177

Same thing different taste

Top comments

MrFancy 0

I thought that was a pretty good idea. Sorry.

That's actually a pretty good idea...too bad people are stupid and overreact all the time. -.-'

Comments

Pff, they overreacted. There's this woman in the Netherlands and she killed her cat to make a handbag, supposedly "in the name of art". Now that's ****** up.

It probably is in the Netherlands. She abused/killed a lot more animals, people tried to sue her but she wasn't convicted. I think the judge was high.

dancingdoggy 4

Somewhere in South America was this guy who tied a dog to a post and left it there to starve "in the name of art." He even got the government to back him up. People could come by and look at the starving dog because it was "artistic." I personally think... WTF???

I would've saved that dog and the government could've kissed my ass "in the name of art".

well, we all know humans are idiots and make other (s) (species) suffer

Sparkiee93 3

YDI for being so unbearably cliche. I bet you're a freshman. "Oh yea I'm so deep I'm bleeding on a knife, YEA now Imma take some pictures of it, my god I'm so deep. My nasal capillaries just can't take how original and deep I am man."

They had an assignment for their photography class to show emotion, how is that "trying to be deep"?

Acousticpixie14 6

And I bet you're a Junior who relishes in making fun of underclassmen because you do not have the brain capacity to excel at anything else in high school. You probably judge anyone who ever shows any emotion as an "emo." Why a Junior? Most Seniors have matured past that childishness. Congrats on having the emotional capacity of a teaspoon.

Sparkiee93 3

111- Good guess, it could have something to do with the fact that it says "17 years" on my profile. I just take photography and emotions seriously, being clinically depressed and having five years of photo classes. And there is no proof that what's his **** OP is a freshman, exept that that he/she thinks nose bleeding on a knife is showing true emotion.

Acousticpixie14 6

I don't make a habit of looking at profiles because it's easy for people to lie. I just read what they've typed and make guesses based on their wording, spelling habits, and general attitude and hope that they're good. That's pretty good though. Just call me The Mentalist haha And no, she never said a nosebleed on a knife was emotion. The resulting photograph does show what many could interpret as anger with possibly a touch of sadism, or sever depression. The fact of the matter is that if you actually took emotions seriously, you wouldn't have left the comment that you left. Good try though, sorry I can see through your bs. Oh...wait...no, I'm not sorry. [:

I must say, your comment was much funnier than the FML. it made my day.

meowmeowwkitty 0

133 - get a life lmaooo clearly you need something better to do with your life!!! ah get a grip kid sorry the kids at school make fun of you, no need to hate on others you make assumptions about or stalk or Fml creep just to prove some ridic point. HS isn't forever let it go. as someone who used to cut, I would say this whole artsy class weird shit is a cry for attention. dumb idea for school

Acousticpixie14 6

Yeahhh...for the umpteenth time...I am pregnant (43 weeks now) and on bed rest. Therefore, I have nothing better to do than call out FMLers on their crap. Oh, and I love irritating people [: So you used to cut, whoop dee woo. I cut for years after my mom died. Who cares? Everyone has crap that they go through and some handle it better than others. Who are you to judge? Oh, right...because, by the way you phrased that, I'd guess you assume that she wants attention because you probably only cut for attention. Therefore making it almost impossible for you to accept that people can actually feel that way. You just assume that they are all in it for the same reasons you were. And seriously...she just dripped blood onto a knife, it's not that big of a deal, get over it. As for being made fun of in school. That's funny... 1) I graduated in '07. 2) That comment might be legit if I had actually ever been made fun of. 3) I'd also have to give a damn about the teasing, if any had existed. I think maybe you are the one who should be trying to go get a life, since you deem it worthwhile to try and act like a hard ass on FML.

meowmeowwkitty 0

i can judge if i want, and i dont think that was judging. and how the hell would i know your pregnant? i dont follow you? dont flatter your "popularity" on this website. yupp haha buh bye. NOSE BLOOD IS WIERD TO BRING TO SCHOOL. PERIOD.

gabrielleangeliq 0

Pixie, I think you're missing the point. The very image of blood on a knife is emotion. however blood on a weapon is portraying a violent emotion because the only way the blood could get there in a natural instance is through an act aggression. The school was justified because teenagers are hormonal. If you really are pregnant you should understand that hormones can make you act on emotions in a way you normally wouldn't have.

Acousticpixie14 6

So, Gabrielle, you're saying that anytime anybody portrays anything the slightest bit violent, they need to be looked into, because not just hormones can cause that. You can act impulsively after alcohol consumption or after any major life change, whether it be good or bad. By freaking out over a picture of blood on a knife, you just teach kids that it's not okay to feel "negatively." Or you make them think that there's something wrong with them for not thinking their creation was bad. Unless the student has exhibited prior dangerous behaviors, you do more harm than good by making them talk to a shrink. Oh and you, lil miss cutter, who said I was popular? I feel like it's pointed out in almost every thread I comment on that I'm pregnant, so if you follow any of FML at all, you'd know that. Also, I never said that I expected you to know that. I merely hinted that I was tired of repeating it. And no, it really isn't that weird. Obviously you're never dabbled in the arts.

By any chance were you dropped on your head as a child? Supposedly so much intelligence and you reply with "k."

awildwhisper 30

I think that's really artistic. Some people don't have any sense of humor; like the Airport security guards when you ask them who took your C4... :-P

i did a similar thing when i got a cut on my thumb, only i put the blood on my lips and manipulated the image to look like i was a zombie. 6 or 7 years on and still some of my favourite photography work. the knife is a little cliche though i've gotta say.

Oh for crying out loud. It's an art class. There is going to be disturbing imagery. That does not mean the student is psychotic. Goddamn paranoid schools. OP, that's awesome. Most people would never have thought to use a nosebleed to enhance a project.