By YumeWolf - 03/10/2015 23:01 - Netherlands - Utrecht

Today, I woke up in the elevator of my apartment building in the middle of the night, without my keys, phone, or shoes. Turns out I have been sleepwalking. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 274
You deserved it 1 731

YumeWolf tells us more.

Hi guys, OP here. Thanks for some of your funny comments, they made me laugh! To answer some questions, no, I do not sleep commando, yes I had pants on and no I wasn't robbed. I had a friend over, who stayed 'till pretty late (around 5 AM), so I was extremely exhausted. So exhausted that I fell asleep with my sweatpants still on, as I normally sleep without pants (so I was very lucky). I woke up about 30 minutes later, in the elevator. I had locked myself out, naturally, but luckily my friend lives in the same apartment building as me, and she had a spare key. I'm glad she opened the door when I rang her bell at 5:45 in the morning. I never had problems with sleepwalking before, and I haven't sleepwalked since. I hang my keys on the doorhandle every night, so that if I somehow manage to turn the lock and open the door, the keys will slide right off on top of my feet. That should wake me up if it ever happens again!

Top comments

Shadowvoid 33

Well trying taking a nap, maybe you'll sleepwalk right back into your room.

Please tell me you don't sleep commando....

Comments

Dat is mij ook een keer overkomen Jij komt ook uit Utrecht haha

TomeDr 24

I suggest you buy an inexpensive alarm for your door. They're about $20, they are mounted with adhesive and have a decibel range up to about 110. That should wake you up before you go far.

TomeDr 24

Just realized you're in the Netherlands. Sorry I don't know how much they would cost there.

Good idea, i was thinking also additional fiddly locks that a sleeping person would struggle over just to be extra safe

Booby trap made of a pile of Legos. Problem solved.

Start pinning a house key to your shirt with a safety pin. Just in case. Maybe an ID tag too in case someone finds you and can't wake you up.

Sounds like a bad idea waiting to happen. They'd probably wake up with those two items missing and some of their belongings when they return home.

Only if they were dumb enough to add their address...

RedPillSucks 31

get checked out by a doctor so this doesn't happen again so you don't wake up in somones apartment with a pain in the ass or a missing kidney

Time to child proof your door so this doesn't keep happening

Do you take Ambien or any other prescription sleep medications? They can do that and worse.

Have your friends record you, be an Internet sensation xD

I feel your pain. I walk all the time.