By JadedBaker - 08/07/2012 06:58 - United States

Today, I woke up early and spent hours baking and icing a three-tier cake for my friend's eighteenth birthday, which is this evening. I just found out my mother threw it in the compost bin because she's on a diet and it was "tempting" her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 079
You deserved it 1 991

Same thing different taste

Top comments

SexySlayer1248 18

Wow, that's hella selfish, I would make her buy one to make up for it.

The amount of rage that would well up within me could never be measured by any means of the measurement system, should I have been in that situation... Your mother had a lousy excuse and I really hope she does something to make up for her selfish behavior.

Comments

perdix 29

Quick, start assembling a three-tier veggie tray frosted with non-fat, plain Greek yogurt. Fatties fear the veggies! Your sweet, fat mama will avoid your creation like the plague . . . and exercise.

hwkfan1 10

Take every bit of food in the house and hide it then when she asks you about it say "Well I wouldn't want to tempt you" :)

Yeah it was pretty good, but you sir need to calm down

hwkfan1 10

Your picture is amazing therealslim!

What a selfish thing to do. I hope the evening wasn't ruined.

Eliseopwns 22

Your mother needs to learn some self-control, it could have avoided the situation.

Throw your mother in the compost pile >:)

lolita88_fml 27

O.O well...tonight's my 18th, AND my friend's baking me a cake...worried! O.O

My mom and her husband are like that. You can't take anything in their home that would "Tempt" them, even if you are a guest there. So pretty much anything with carbohydrates or sugar is out and anything else that most people eat. Meat, cheese, eggs, and tea are the only things in their fridge.

citymayer 7

Ugh. They sound ridiculous. A diet of meat, cheese and tea sounds horribly unhealthy. Why are there so many people who don't seem to understand that you can stay healthy by *gasp* eating healthy. That doesn't mean getting rid of everything in the fridge. You can still have decent healthy meals without needing to starve yourself.

pinkpixie06 11

And I suppose that the morbid obesity plaguing our miserable excuse of a species is a great thing?