By SeriouslyEvery - 11/08/2016 16:12 - United States - Truxton

Today, I woke up at 3:45 am, and got ready to leave my house before 5, since I needed to be at my new job for orientation at 6. When I got there, I realized they actually meant 6 pm. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 547
You deserved it 3 173

SeriouslyEvery tells us more.

OP here. I assure you I follow directions very well. I asked and he told me AM, so I got ready until my brother, who also just started there, assured me it was PM

Top comments

Though you made a mistake, good on you for being organized. Having this feature will definitely help you in the long run, OP

That sucks! But at least is better than having it backwards and missing orientation. Besides, it makes a good story ;)

Comments

That's not so bad. Have a late morning or early afternoon nap, clear your head, good to go.

That's exactly what I did! It was a lovely nap too!

not an issue ,goes to show you dedication

Suggestion, it might be a bit wise to just make sure what time of day they actually mean. A simple, "Hey, that's 6 P.M right?" wouldn't do you any harm and would have saved you a lot of angst. I'm sorry this happened though :D

Hey, at least you didn't get it the other way around and end up missing orientation!

I e gone into work as early as 3 am, I work as a chef at a private country club, one of the best in my state and we hold a lot of golf tournaments and we have to be in the kitchen getting things prepped for the day, whether it's a buffet style or a plate up we're there bright and early to make sure it gets done and done on time, we host anywhere from 600-1000 at any given tourney. That's a lot Of food. To cook and prepare and to have done by 6 am so they have an hour to eat before T times.

I love being military sometimes, 1800 just makes sense.

Military.... Or large parts of world which habitually use 24h clock. No one bats an eye here if you, for example, tell your father that you'll be arriving at twenty or so...

Granted I work for a security company, but military time is incredibly useful in these situations. Personally I didn't come to that conclusion until I was required to use military time for a while.

Clubs and bars in Japan go 24+, so to indicate they are open until 1am they put 25:00 or say 5am 29:00.

Hey, at least they probably admired your tenacity. That'll be good for you in the long run.

Brightbulb 39

We all know what happens when you assume OP...... If you aren't sure, or it's not specified ask first.

OP HERE: Everyone seems to think I didn't follow instructions. I asked! They told me AM. My brother also got the job and after driving to his house he told me to go home because it wasn't until 6PM. For sure a funny story to tell them when we got there! And by the way, when you go from working at 3PM and being used to sleeping late? Yeah, 3:45am is a big deal.

cheshireau 26

I was once told I had a shift that was 5-7, I thought (and arrived at) 6:55pm. A derp moment, we all have them.