By marcymoo - 11/03/2013 04:09 - Australia - Perth

Today, I woke to find my laptop and printer covered in what smells like pee. My boyfriend then confessed to me that he occasionally "sleep-pees". It's like sleepwalking, but where he urinates on random objects. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 916
You deserved it 2 843

Same thing different taste

Top comments

oj101 33

You better wake him up when he's sleep-pee next time. I'd be pissed off too. Urine your rights to do that.

Seems like urine a bit of a pickle there.

Comments

Quickly, buy some tarps to cover everything in your house before you go to bed!

But then all the pee would drip onto the floor?

klovemachine 24

It's better to have pee on the floor than on OP's laptop.

BellaBelle_fml 23

I'm pretty sure he was not, in fact, drunk since he confessed to her that he had a problem with sleep-peeing.

can't tell if troll or just bad person.

Having a condition doesn't make you a bad person. Or a troll. Atleast he told her the truth instead of lying.

If you two aren't living together, you ought to consider not allowing him to stay at your place anymore. If you think this is really a genuine issue for him, you should suggest counseling or some other stress outlet. A lot of parasomnia disorders are due to high emotional stress.

yanksby7 6

I'm not sure why you were downvoted...this is good advice!

BellaBelle_fml 23

It is good advice. However, if they do already live together, it wouldn't seem fair to me to make him move out until after he has gone through treatment. But he should most definitely seek treatment for this in any case so that they can rest assured that this will no longer be a problem. I wonder if he has already had any treatment for this problem? If not, why? I can understand him not wanting to admit to anyone about his problem with sleep-peeing, as it is a pretty embarrassing problem. But I would rather admit it to a professional and get some sort of treatment for it as soon as possible rather than to let the embarrassment win and have something like this happen to me. Also, if the causes of sleep-peeing is anything like sleep-walking, it could be hereditary as well as stress induced. If they decide to have children together they should be aware of the signs and symptoms of sleep-peeing, and probably sleep-walking too, so that they can catch it early and get them treatment for it so that they don't have to go through this sort of situation in their future.

"The Universe and Human Stupidity are endless.. and I'm not sure about the former" - Albert Einstein

Or the slightly-less-invasive alternative would be to kick him out so he can pee on his own stuff in his own place.

Make him wear some maxi-pads in his underwear. He'll learn his lesson quickly.

Take him to Petsmart. They have a puppy training class. It would be a good investment.

OP- your BF is marking his territory by randomly peeing on everything- ever wondered why urine often waking up soaked and smelling foul, while Urethra Franklin plays in the background?? Better that urine the know about your weak bladdered pee-spewer bf than damp and ignorant!!