By Anonymous - 24/08/2014 20:45 - United States - Everett

Today, I witnessed my karate instructor whimper and practically piss himself as a guy walked up to him in the street and demanded his wallet. What a total waste of hundreds of dollars' worth of lessons. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 070
You deserved it 4 538

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well go rob him for your money back. Apparently it's pretty easy.

And you didn't do anything either....?

Comments

I do karate, my teacher would whoop his ass, lol. Even if he had a gun he'd do something.

ChristianH39 30

Yea he would do something, he would comply and give over his wallet or likely get ventilated. Unless you live in a movie you don't try martial arts on a gunman.

doesn't matter how fast you are, a bullet is a lot faster

acerredrum 23

If your instructed would try and fight a man with a gun he is an idiot. You don't risk your life for the contents of your wallet.

Octwo 16

A wallet is not worth getting shot. Unless he intends to shoot you regardless just give him the wallet, use your art when it's necessary in defense of your life, not because you think you're a badass. I've studied martial arts for half my life. Could I, in theory, defend against a gun? Most likely. Would I want to risk most likely getting shot in the process over a wallet? No. A lot of people don't realize that if you attempt to disarm a gunman you go into it with the expectation of getting shot in some manner. It's not clean, it's not badass, it's a dangerous solution to a lethal threat.

It doesn't matter how many years you've been practicing martial arts for, if somebody mugs you with a weapon, don't pretend to be a "badass" by attempting to fight or disarm them, just give them what they want. I'm tired of idiots who "practice" martial arts and still think that they work like how they're portrayed in movies.

so did you whimper too? or do you rackka the discaprine?

Corvo_Attano_4 12

That's actually the smart thing to do; I rather lose some money than get stabbed or shot

WinterBlue42 22

That is what my instructor says. He would only use his experience if he had no choice, or to save someones life. Otherwise, he usually carries about 30 in ones, with a 20 bill wrapped around it. Better to live and report it than be dead. :'D (Although I've seen him defend himself. . He wouldn't be whimpering.)

ChristianH39 30

It's not as much about their experience level as it is about crossing the line from self defense into assault. Using martial arts to incapacitate someone who's trying to rob you and then leaving is self defense, kicking a downed opponent because he "might" get back up and attack you is assault.

That my friend was the secret piss your pants technique. Free of charge as well ;)

CoffeeChickBlows 13

It's not assault, dumbasses. It's BATTERY. Learn the difference before y'all start giving law lessons. Assault is making the threat of violence

You can learn a technique but not courage. Just have more balls than him if you're ever in that situation.

NEVER let Ur balls put Ur life or others in danger. If it's just money the mugger want u can get more while Ur life is priceless don't risk it.(just my opinion).

ChristianH39 30

23 first off, there's no need to call anybody a dumbass. Secondly while you're not entirely wrong, New York penal code states: A person is guilty of assault in the third degree when: 1. With intent to cause physical injury to another person, he causes such injury to such person or to a third person; or 2. He recklessly causes physical injury to another person; or 3. With criminal negligence, he causes physical injury to another person by means of a deadly weapon or a dangerous instrument. Assault in the third degree is a class A misdemeanor. - See more at: http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/nycode/PEN/THREE/H/120/120.00#sthash.ytcw43mn.dpuf Now menacing, which is placing somebody under threat of death or physical injury, is a seperate but related charge. Since menacing and assault are closely related (because making the threat of violence usually precedes committing said violence) this misconception is incredibly common. I don't claim to be a lawyer, but I have educated myself fairly well about the laws concerning self defense, because the last thing I want to do is go to prison for defending myself.

CoffeeChickBlows 13

The FML's from Washington state though, but whatever. Bury my ass, sacrifice me to Cthulhu, I DESERVE it for being a bad bad little kid