By fuckshit - 04/11/2014 14:01

Today, I witnessed a hit-and-run. I used my phone to write down the license plate for the police. However, I didn't notice that my phone had autocorrected the number. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 370
You deserved it 4 603

Same thing different taste

Top comments

IPhone supports hit and runs confirmed. FYL

SarahSehhati 40

Comments

Dro23 10

Autocorrect doesn't change numbers because it doesn't really know what you're trying to say like when you write words it changes then there's no way it can autocorrect numbers.

theres ALSO letters in a license plate number, and possibly a short string of them thst autocorrect thinks is a word. duh

If you had time to open something on your phone to write down the number. You should have just taken a picture.

SarahSehhati 40

It wouldn't be at all easy to take a good picture of a license plate of a moving/speeding vehicle. It could come out blurry.

Snapping a picture doesn't take long at all actually. Cameras these days are good enough to where even if the phone is moving you can still zoom in and read what is being displayed.

Don't worry it's not your fault, at least you tried probably more than what most people would have done

at least you tried? instead of not doingnanytjing about it. you can still try to get a descriotion from your memory! goodluck!

Perfect reason why to still keep your autocorrect mode ON

my phone wont autocorrect in the app. you dont have to be rude. i was just trying to make the person feel better.

Except, as a human reader, I can still make out that she meant to type 'doing anything'. If autocorrect was on it may have corrected it to something even weirder. It's not great when you're more than a letter or two off.

Helldemon 32

#56 Ya, because two common errors that anyone with a brain can still read properly is soooo horrible!1!!1!1!1

ostfaiz 18

shud hav clicked couple of pictures rather

salvorican 24

When ever autocorrect changes something I'm able to reverse it. I select the corrected word and it gives me option for the word before the correction. Might want to give that a shot OP.

Ahh, the beauty of a BBQ10. The typos are only inputted by the user. Not by an OS that thinks it is smart.

Picture would've been faster than typing. At least with an iPhone since you can bring up the camera from the lock screen.

You can do that on androids too... unless it's a pattern lock, I think

I'd imagine, since it was a hit and run, the running vehicle would likely have been too far away to snap a picture.

Didn't know that about droids - good to know. And I suppose it's possible that a zoom + pic may not have worked, depends on how fast the op noticed and how fast the person took off.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

But what if it came out blurry and OP hadn't looked at the license plate?

They can still use the picture even with a partial plate. We do it all the time here when blurry photos come in, as we can still use the make and model with a partial plate to get their information. Beats an autocorrected plate number that now leaves zero leads.

How about you turn off autocorrect like any normal person would?

MzZombicidal 36

Oh, no! Someone just got into an accident! Better go to Settings... Turn off autocorrect... Okay, now, let's open up a text and write it d- Awww...