By MissSmarts - 14/12/2009 01:27 - United States

Today, I went to the grocery store where this really cute guy works. I swiped my card but the machine wouldn't read it. I swiped it quickly some more before getting frustrated and saying, "Your stupid machine doesn't work!" He took the card and turned it around. His face said it all. FML
I agree, your life sucks 6 973
You deserved it 39 651

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Congratulations! You are EVERYTHING customer service industry workers hate.

You claim the machine is stupid,but it is YOU who is stupid.

Comments

You swiped it quickly ten times? If it doesn't work when swiping quickly the first time, wouldn't you try swiping it slower? I always find when the eftpos machine doesn't read my card, swiping it slower usually helps (not painfully slowly of course, just steadier). And then when it doesn't work after 2 or 3 attempts, I usually switch it around just in case.

You claim the machine is stupid,but it is YOU who is stupid.

Adam, Natalie, can you two cut this shit out or what? There have been 18 comments on this FML, and 16 of them (all of yours) were a grammatical nightmare of irrelevant immaturity.

xxxNataliexxx 0

hah OP I have done this exact thing but normally realised my fault before abusing staff....

OP, next time, look more carefully. They almost always have a picture, so its really not that difficult. Usually, the magnetic strip faces either left, or down, depending on the pad. Sadly, as a cashier at walgreens, I've even seen people slide their cards without the magnetic strip being slid. And that's the whole point of the card. D: Its ridiculous.

Ah a fellow Walgreens employee =] I know the feeling. Its always old people, though.

Rainhawk94 27

I literally can't make it easier for people, unless we slide for them

frankgrimes 4

OMG BECKY LOOK AT HER BUTT< IT IS SO BIG. thats what you sound like you lame

i like big butts n i cannot lie... falala alllaaa something along those lines...

You otha brothas can't deny When a girl walks in with an itty-bitty waist and a big thing in your face you get SPRUNG! Bahahaha. xD

I work at tills with these machines and my god, I hate the twits who can't get the card the right way round. There's even a drawing on the machine. YDI

Ladies and gentlemen, this is what we call irony.

perdix 29

I'm sure he was turned off when you became frustrated so quickly. He probably thought you were hot, too, but didn't want to see you fly off the handle when he sticks it in the wrong hole.