By fmlsrsly - 25/03/2009 16:43 - United States

Today, I went to the doctor to find out why I've been feeling so sick the past several weeks. Turns out, I'm severely allergic to the cat of my girlfriend of two years. I told her "It's me or the cat." She chose the cat. FML
I agree, your life sucks 69 435
You deserved it 30 262

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That was a bit selfish of you. There are such things as allergy medicine. To some people, their pets are like their children. And for you to make such an ultimatum is an asshole move. Good job.

jesslackszazz 0

To be honest, i'd choose the cat as well.

Comments

hbaha i would do the same thing to my bf. cats dont care about anything ya do as long as ya feed them. cant say the same for a bf

liveitlearnit 0

#2, ever hear of pet adoption? -_- There isn't only one way to get rid of a cat, and I'd like to hope you wouldn't just get rid of a cat by setting it loose in the streets. To the OP- I assume she didn't have the cat until recently because if so you probably would have noticed an allergy previously, since you'd been dating for so long. If she can't work out something with the cat she's had for 'several weeks' to accommodate her boyfriend of two years, then she didn't want you that much anyway. You'll be better off without her.

Moral of the story: Never make ultimatums.

I agree with #10... don't make her choose between you and her pet or else you will pay!!! BWAHAHAHA I heart kitties!

dude, a girl will pick her pet over any guy 100% of the time. guaranteed. YDI.

I would pick the cat as well, you can just take allergy meds or even the shot! Sucks for you!

You forced her to make the choice, her cat didn't. Take some allergy meds and get back together or move on.

Think about it this way...you've been with her for two years, but she's probably had the cat her whole life. Don't ask her to choose, just hang out at your place more often and ask her to use a lint brush before she comes over.