By ihateoldmagazines - 27/01/2011 21:31 - United States

Today, I went to the doctor's office for an appointment. After waiting for ages, I asked the receptionist what the delay was. Apparently, I had no standing appointment today. This is coming from the same receptionist who checked me in nearly two hours ago. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 436
You deserved it 2 864

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hahaha! He got you. Another clueless victim for his victory wall. Two hours is pretty good. This is a game we doctors like to play. Was it Bill? I bet it was. He's the best at making idiots wait, as long as 5 hours once. My record is 95 minutes, so I'm not even close to the leader. Oh, that Bill.

Pff, stand up for yourself woman, don't just sit there for two hours.

Comments

Be glad it was not Canadian or UK healthcare. You would have waited 6 weeks before knowing...

who cares; its free. That's like turning down an average looking woman who would love to give you a ********.

meeba 2

Fyl, had this happen to me before. They tell you to be thee 15-30 min prior and make you wait forever and then forget about you. Bastards!

eyetri13 0

that sucks, I went to the doctor the other day and they were way too apologetic for having me wait for 5 minutes past my appointment time

You definitely deserved it. You must be going to the doctors for going blind or else you would have noticed people who arrived after you, going in before you. Over and over again.

That happens to me even when i do have an appointment. I've waited as long as an hour and a half for the doctor to get to me.

sourgirl101 28

I think you're missing 23's point. He mentioned people arriving AFTER you. Even if you do have an appointed time, you still go in order of the sign in sheet.

MEM0817 18

Not always 31... I work for an Orthopedic surgeon and depending on what my doc is seeing the patient for we might take someone that arrived after someone else. For instance if were just removing sutures, we'll take that patient first cause we can get them in and out. But we don't make people wait like hours! Most we've ever been behind was an hour and most people reschedule cause they don't feel like waiting...

Reasonable 4

Actually, I've been in a similar situation. I had to wait a good hour and a half to be seen. Granted, I did go up and ask, and they were just very behind... anyway, there were people that arrived well after me that were seen before me. Assuming you're visiting a practice with multiple doctors, one doctor could be on time when your doctor isn't.

FMLinCA 12

there would've been some rumble in that office if that was me. people are so damn incompetent at their job. ugh! stupid, wouldn't the receptionist know. idiot. sucks to be you though. sorry that happened.

sallen0046 4

It's not the job of the person checking you in to verify that you actually have an appointment. It's their job to take your information (and co-payment if applicable) to make sure you get on the list to get called back. If you don't have an appointment, it's assumed by the nursing staff that you're a walk-in hoping they'll eventually have time to see you, therefore they don't run out to ask what you're doing there. It's the job of the patient to keep make and keep track of appointments.

And I bet you're going to shout at your doctor now, even though it wasn't his fault.

actually it's normally the other way around, I'm a receptioinist and when drs run late we're out the front getting abused but as soon as they're called into the drs room they're nice as pie

sorry but any longer than a half hour and i would be asking what is going on.

zarrah_fml 0

Well maybe some people don't value their time very much. I could never sit in the same chair for 2hrs waiting for one person w/o saying anything.

is your pic the opening scene to a Porno or what?