By Anonymous - 01/07/2012 04:22

Spicy
Today, I went to the beach with my boyfriend and family. My sister coyly pointed out the scratch marks down his back, hoping to embarrass me in front of my parents. The marks weren't from me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 157
You deserved it 2 368

Same thing different taste

Top comments

He's just nervous in his own skin around your parents. So he tried taking it off.

He must have been attacked by one of those vicious cougars, if you catch my drift.

Comments

I hear black bear attacks are on the rise. Lucky it didn't get his face.

perdix 29

The sister wouldn't bring attention to the marks if she caused them. They're not from the OP. The boyfriend, therefore, must be cheating with: Dunh, dunh, dunh. . . Mom?!?!

maybe the sister pointed them out to allay suspicion that she she had in fact put them there... the plot thickens...

maybe the sister pointed them out to allay suspicion that she had in fact put them there... the plot thickens...

It is "my family and me" not "my family and I"

No, I'm fairly sure it's "My family and I", 18.

OP is correct, #21 is correct, #20 is rude but you sir #18 are a grammar Nazi failure.

hotPinklipstick 24

Actually 18 is correct, if you take out 'my family' the sentence would say my 'my boyfriend came to the beach with I' which doesn't make sense. The sentence should say "My boyfriend came to the beach with my family and me" that way if you take out 'my family' it is still a proper sentence.

The use of I or me depends on the subject of the sentence. If the subject is the pronoun, then using "I" would be correct. If the subject is not the pronoun, using "me" would be correct. In this sentence, OP's boyfriend is the subject, so the correct pronoun is "me." 18 is right. (But it hardly matters.)

mhopper 13

Actually 25, it's based also on the object of the preposition (in this case "with").

Or to solve all this grammar Nazi crap, they could just phrased it as "my boyfriend came to the beach with me and my family ".

20- Your comment should read "**** off, Grammar Nazi." You're welcome.

sammySamantha 0

Lots of things to put in but mostly attacks…

Revan501 15

What the hell do you mean?

RachelGabriella 0

I wonder if those marks are from her sister.....o.O

mhopper 13

Those scratches are from his cat from when he peed in the litterbox!

It's a good thing his wife didn't show up at the beach then, or the OP would have had too many potential suspects.

Your sister trying to embarrass you was a bitch move. And if I were you, I'd give him something worse than a scratch.

wow what a douche you would think he would cover them , kick his ass and find a better boyfriend . And even though your sister is a bitch you can at least thank her for showing you what a douche your boyfriend is .

They're at a beach... Keeping a shirt on would be even more suspicious.. Maybe he was banking on the Gf claiming them. Or maybe he scratched himself.. If I scratch my own back I get the huge red lines of broken skin.. It's just the way my body reacts to it

unknown_user5566 26

36- Why do you always put a space between the words and the punctuation?

68: Don't forget to make fun of her poor capitalization!