By laughxlove - 23/08/2010 04:03 - United States

Today, I went to see my mother with my kids. Before, I had told my son to give her hugs and kisses and I would buy him candy. He did, but then he told her that I said that. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 814
You deserved it 32 934

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ki's can't keep a secret at that stage. Tell him "make sure you tell Grammy you love her because she likes to hear it." If he doesn't love grandma, convince him he does. If you have to buy him candy, tell him if anyone finds out, no candy.

Kids say all the things you don't want them to say. Which I'm fairly certain is a fact of life.

Comments

haha kids never know what's okay to say and what's not :D

sallen0046 4

It's one thing to reward good behavior, it's another thing entirely to bribe your children. Teach them to listen to what you tell them to begin with and you won't have to do stupid things like this that end up making you look like a gigantic ass.

BAD_LIL_MISSY 0

HaHa Cute ^^. YDI. FOR TELLING THE KID TO DO IT :)

sneeze_watch 19

Ohh OP. You should know that children repeat everything. My six year old nephew called my brother "Uncle ****" for about a year because someone made a joke and he heard it. I'm not going to say YDI, but be more careful next time. Also, I'm assuming your kids don't like your mum because she's a bitch. So, sorry your mum is a bitch.

You shouldn't out-right bribe children with food or sweets. Should have just told them to be nice to Grandmother, because she's their Grandmother and that she deserves some respect and love. That was enough for my siblings and I growing up. We didn't need rewards for loving our Grandparents. Now they'll except a reward each time they see her and falsely act nice. Don't start out by teaching your children phoniness. Don't confuse tact with phoniness, and anyway, you're kid is young. Nothing is really a secret when you are a kid. They don't understand tact. You also probably hurt your Mothers feelings because now it's implied they don't want to be around her, regardless if she is actually unpleasant or not. Making her wonder how many times you've done it in the past. Hopefully, she just shrugged it off as a, "Kids say the darndest things moment" and moved on. I'd have to say this is a major YDI.

Wow. :| a lot of boys would rather start kicking their grannies than be all "girly" and give hugs and kisses. It's not really bribing that will traumatise children's lives forever. Parents often use the whole "be good and you get candy" thing; it's not a sign of shit parenting. Every parent does something that other people love to criticise.

Giving kisses and hugs to your Grandmother isn't girly, and I hope that attitude isn't being passed around. Many men still will give cheek-kisses and hugs to their Grandmothers.

TashaLenaKitty 0

Good job bribing your kids AND yes,hurting your mother feelings..hope you feel good.

chitown98766 0

its not snicher, its snitch.

YDI for bribing your kids, instead of educating them to have a normal, loving relationship with their grandmother.

chi_bebe 0