By Anonymous - 30/03/2016 17:02 - United States - Brunswick

Today, I went to my new dentist to get my teeth cleaned. He kept getting distracted, causing him to repeatedly stab me in the gums. He then had the nerve to tell me that I need to brush more, due to how I was bleeding just from his "routine examination". FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 147
You deserved it 1 728

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's when you bite his finger and say it was just a natural reaction.

Tell him he needs to be finding a new patient since you're leaving

Comments

They check to see if your gums are weak by poking them. Hurts like hell, I know, but it is routine.

Did you even read and understand the FML the dentist isn't supposed to get distracted and stab you with a sharp tool, they're supposed to gently nudge with rounded tool. Learn to read before quickly passing judgement the dentist is fully in the wrong here they should've paid attention to the patient

Heard there's a good dentist in Sydney, you can even look at the fish while you get your teeth cleaned!

Great view of the ocean right out the window!

Apart from that pesky seagull distracting the dentist.

You win best comment of the day. Congratulations!

P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney! ;)

Do everyone a favor and report that guy. Whether an off day or not, professionalism must come first, in all lines off work.

At least your dentist doesn't work on your teeth while watching important soccer games.

OMG! Heaven forbid, if being distracted gets OP stabbed and bleeding could you imagine what would happen if the dentist was seriously concentrating on a soccer match?! OP would've probably left missing an eye!

op, I'm pretty sure that some dentists are masochists on the down low...

Sadists* Masochists enjoy receiving pain

Yes it's good to know the difference between a sadist - one who relishes in the pain of others - and a masochist - one who enjoys receiving pain.

New to old real quick...he needs to clean out all of the distractions

Brokeandsad 8

Actually it's their job to check for periodontal disease during those visits and bleeding is a definite sign of the beginning of gingivitis or periodontitis. So if OP isn't brushing correctly or flossing, then the dentist is correct for detecting that. just a possibility...

Because simply reading the FML tells you it happened throughout the cleaning and when the dentist got distracted.

Yeah, I don't bleed when stabbed in the gum. I even check myself once in a while. If I bleed, I'm not doing my job.