By Anonymous - 20/09/2012 04:14 - United States

Today, I went to my dentist of four years. After the cleaning, the hygienist and I scheduled my next appointment, and she briefly left the room, leaving my file open on the computer. The data in a field called "NOTE" caught my eye: "Sissy. Freak. Always late. Ask about family or will flirt." FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 409
You deserved it 29 047

Same thing different taste

Top comments

perdix 29

When they tell you to open your mouth, you shouldn't start flicking your tongue around while bursting into tears. Do one or the other, but not both.

Comments

Don't be such a freaking sissy and show up on time. YDI.

And dentists wonder why everyone hates them...

Doc, I think that might be because they mercilessly wield savage implements in our intimate cavities. Not that it hurts to be polite, but I'm not sure that will fix the "hate" issue!

58-they are better than what surgeons use. Have you ever seen a rib spreader used? Never mind the tools ortho docs use. Hammers, chisels, drills, bone saws. My IO gun is nothing in comparison.

Are they correct, OP? ***Damn! Now I'm super courious what my dentist file says about me? I've also been going to my dentist a very long time.

That was unnecessary, 28. Enslaved has a clean grammar record, and nobody likes a grammar nazi.

perdix 29

#60, Grammar and spelling are two different things. While Enslaved uses good grammar, her spelling is not perfect. We don't have to go "Nazi" on her spelling, but she may need a little "tough love" sometimes. Missing "curious" by one letter is not one of those times.

I'm aware. I just thought I'd go with the more comonly used term, lest people think I'm trying to be a pompous dick. XD I think I've seen that exact debate in an older FML. To the other n00bs here: Learn from those who have come before.

I would tell you to do something to freak them out next visit, but I think it's time to just leave that place. They are obviously unprofessional and you shouldn't have to pay a company that makes fun of you behind your back, I'm sure you can find another place to take your business.

Show up on time (which means be a half hour early), stop flirting with the poor people trying to work, and man up. Also, you should probably shower. Edit: Stop snooping, too.

Thirty minutes early? That's a bit excessive, some of us do actually have schedules to keep. Oh and FYI, it's not snooping if it is HIS medical record. He has every right to view it.

Nabee143 3

59 You would think that you're allowed to look at your own record but sadly you are not. I previously worked at Kaiser Permanente and patients were never allowed to look at their own records unless the doctor showed them. Even employees were not allowed to look up their own records. If you got caught, you would be fired!

Actually, according to HIPAA, your medical provider MUST allow you access to your medical files and provide you information on obtaining copies of those files. The reason it was grounds for firing was because you were using your privileges as an employee to access files.

59, I was raised that being early was on time. It's polite, businesslike, and opens for any complications or paperwork. Most people do schedule so they may be early. It's common courtesy to everyone I know. I'm sorry if you feel otherwise.

You are allowed to look at your own medical records if you request them. You, as an employee of a healthcare organization are not allowed to pull up your own records or family members records without correct authorization.

Personal opinions at work shouldn't be voiced in that manner.

There is a reason it is called a "personal opinion".

Also, it wasn't voiced. It was written on HER computer. He was the one snooping.

Thizzkidsgotgame 7

At least now your one up on them. Next time they ask about your family.. Well idk, im sure you can cum up with some sexual dentist enuendo. Have fun with it!

When you tell your parents you love them do you add "no incest?" No? Then don't say "no lesbo/****".