By Rhyno - 05/05/2009 15:37 - United States

Today, I went to meet my girlfriends parents for the first time. I accidentally drove past their house the first time, but saw the whole family outside waiting to meet me. I pulled a U-Turn and heard a thud. The whole family watched me run over their dog. FML
I agree, your life sucks 478
You deserved it 97

Rhyno tells us more.

To explain a bit more in detail, I pulled a U-Turn and the dog ran out of the yard and boom... It was a medium sized dog, I drive an SUV and didn't see it as I was making the turn. I didn't even know they had a dog... haha The following 20 minutes were probably the most uncomfortable of my life, after I knew the dog was fine I kinda laughed nervously and left. "Hi I'm the guy who is dating your daughter, sorry about the dog"... Live and you learn.

Top comments

Ouch!! Not a good first impression one bit! I'm sorry!!

How is making out with your significant other somehow worse then KILLING THE FAMILY PET? You got some priority issues, man.

Comments

You should be condemned to a life of celibacy for such a despicable act. Also, your girlfriend should bang a random dude in front of you as punishment.

That seems kind of harsh, especially if the dog *did* run out in front of the dude's car and the girlfriend's family didn't stop it. I know that when I have my dog outside and he's not on a leash I'm very conscious of his whereabouts. Without a leash, dogs are the owner's responsibility.

KevDawg673 0

He was obviously joking. That really sucks. Hopefully the rest of the event went well.

sunshine4u375 0

#240 im pretty sure the rest of the day couldnt get any better...it can only go down hill when u have to sit in the same room with the loving family of the dog u just killed

Youre_not_sorry7 2

omgsh totally like any day that starts out with running over a dog is bound to go downhill lol did the dog at least live?

sirhobothesecond 3

dude i totally agree. he should have to suffer for what he's done.

The situation sucked, as did my grammar explaining that. Imagine trying to introduce myself afterwards... Fortunately the dog seems like it will be ok...

smartalek 2

wow you suck balls learn to watch the road, douche bag.

kittykat1501 31

Yea! The dog lives! I thought it died

Oh my god that sucks! Did you just like back away in your car and leave the area??

Aw that sucks! did you just like back away in your car hah

Same thing happened to my neighbor. Well it was for their first date, and they were leaving the driveway and he ran over their dog. They have been married for 10 years now, with 3 children, things can work out sometimes Lol

skatetwin5 0

I call fake, any dog keeping family would have beat the crap out of you so hard you wouldn't be able to walk talk or type for a whole year if you ran over their dog.

I clicked YDI only because you used the wrong form of their/there/they're.

bnwranbo 2

wanna explain to me where he used it wrong??? 'Cause I don't see it...

he did, but he edited after everyone pointed it out.

sofarsogood 0

they're..? stupid and a bad driver. clearly, you are a good catch.