By PapaMoti - 15/08/2013 08:04 - Canada - Toronto

Today, I went to a store. I was wearing a shirt that I'd bought from the very same store, and was accused of stealing. When I tried explaining, the manager said I was lying because I'm a teenager and "all teenagers are full of shit." FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 999
You deserved it 3 951

PapaMoti tells us more.

Thanks for all the helpful comments! As to what happened next, security was called and we ended up looking at the camera footage which proved that I didn't steal the shirt. The manager was humiliated and apologized, but either way I am not going to be shopping from that store ever again.

Top comments

Come back again with your receipt purchased?

flashback.miss 28

What a presumptuous prick. What, is he bitter and jealous of the younger generation? Should've brought the receipt and humiliated him.

Comments

I personally believe a nonviolent approach would be better. Like pissing in the dressing rooms.

deathfyre8 13

Why the neck? Perhaps nose or groin would be a better choice.

It's not a barcode sensor, it's for security tags.

I'm with those suggesting looking at the tape if this dumb ass calls the cops or the rent a cop ask them to look at the tape it should show you entering with the shirt on thus proving you are not a thief sorry this guy is prejudice against teens

xStaciexLynnx 15

Also, a lot of stores DON'T have those.

cadillacgal79 32

I believe she meant *Well that person has got some issues

Hopefully they will have got you on camera wearing the shirt and coming into the shop. They won't have a leg to stand on if its on their own surveillance system.

id go one step beyond a boycott and burn everything you own from that shit hole.

I don't know how burning all the stuff you bought there would hurt them. You then have go replace it all, and they won't know (or care more then lightly) about it.

26 - That's just burning your own money. I'd stop wearing anything with their brand name on it, though. Give the branded clothes to a charity shop or something.

TheModernPatriot 14

Well lets see how well that holds up in court.

I agree. Instead of trying to convincing him you bought it, tell him to prove you didn't. It's up to him. He's making the accusation. Where is the top you came in with, or were you naked. I would ask him "what do you think people do with clothing they purchase, leave it in a drawer?" Also, if he accused you in public I'd sue for deformation. If he took you into a back room to do it, it's false arrest. Suing is not always the answer, but this is one of the times it is. You just don't go calling customers thief's.

ariellove1992 8

This is why I always carry receipts

Sure. Of course it's plausible to carry every receipt from every purchase ever to avoid being FALSELY accused of shoplifting.

if he has no proof he has no case. Don't worry OP