By pinkplasticjesus - 20/06/2009 03:17 - Canada

Today, I went to a restaurant and only brought $14 with me to eat. I ordered and ate my meal, then went to the counter to pay for it. I threw $2 into the tip jar then got my bill. My bill was $13.86. I had to reach into the tip jar and take my $2 back so I could pay for my meal. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 297
You deserved it 56 048

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Honestly, YDI because you need to pay more attention to the prices of what you're going to eat.

Lol why would you tip before you paid for your bill and second why would you tip at a fast food place .

Comments

nxkftw 0
augustdanielle 0

ahahah. wow :D that had to have been embarrasing. :x

It's embarrassing, but so fleeting. QYB.

YDI for only taking $14, and YDI also for tipping before you pay... Who the hell does that??

The next time you only have 14 dollars, try something like McDonalds or Burger King. Don't waste the wait staff/bartender's time when you're not prepared to tip. YDI, but it's not FYL, it's F-the people you stiffed. They're the ones that wasted their time on you.

It's not wasting their time, because their job is to serve people food, genius! The OP was completely prepared to tip, but, after taxes were factored in, he didn't have enough money. It's not that hard to comprehend. Besides, some people don't like fast food or can't eat it without getting sick. The OP had enough money to pay for the food, even including taxes, so he had every right to eat good food there instead of fast food elsewhere, assuming this was for breakfast/lunch. If this was at dinner, then the OP should have definitely brought more than $14. I haven't even been to a real, full-service restaurant where a full dinner is less than $14, with taxes included. Tipping originated as a form of getting faster/better service, or rewarding the waiter, and was not compulsory. It's sad that restaurants have taken advantage of the system so much in recent years.

When you work for $2.33-$4.50 an hour waiting on a table that can only tip you 14 cents at best, they are wasting your time because the server could have had a table that could actually afford the food and pay the tip. Go to the grocery store and buy some bread and meat.

It's definitely not illegal because the government assumes people tip around 15%. Countries other than America have a better system for their waiters because they get an actual living wage and tips are extra.

You obviously haven't worked as a waiter before...I make $2.33 an hour and even after nearly 30 hours of work for the week, I barely get a $10 check after taxes. Tips are my wages...

pinkpiggy77 0

#75- The restaurants are not taking advantage you dumbass. $2.33/hr is the FEDERAL MINIMUM WAGE for servers. It is established that low so that tips earned will bring the total tips/wages to the standard minimum wage. Do a little research before you tisk tisk others and look stupid.

aerials_fml 0

It's not that hard to calculate the math before you order things. YDI.

scorpioserpent 1

Agreed! His meal was so close to being over $14. He should have been more careful when ordering in the frist place.

go to whataburger. that is good and cheap!!!! i love it!!

NewLight8421 0

IMODERATED THIS ONE then again i always say agree cuz im to lazy to move the mouse... i just read em and approve... unless I REALLY hate it then ill disaggreeeeee

Who brings 14 dollars to eat? LOL, you deserved that one...

Who spends that much on themselves for just one meal?