By Anonymous - 15/06/2014 21:29 - United States - Toledo

Today, I went to a Father's Day lunch with my dad and his fiancée. He suddenly began to describe, in detail, the vasectomy he'd just had, and that I shouldn't be expecting any new siblings any time soon. Thanks for the mental image, Dad. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 977
You deserved it 3 895

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well that's one way to break the ice also how could anyone deserve this?

Comments

fyl for having vivid imagery. most of the time its a good thing, but in this case the only "meat" you should've seen was on your plate.

Dads never understand what is ok to say and what isn't. It usually makes for pretty interesting conversations, though.

llamaslikesoda 21

Happy Fathers Day..? What an awkward meal afterwards!

On Father's Day, he celebrated by describing his vasectomy. I think he's trying to tell you something here, OP.

my dad told me about his when I was only 12...

My condolences to your innocent mind OP

1dvs_bstd 41

you're welcome. Seriously though, what if his fiancee wants kid tho?

That is true. And it takes the birth control responsibility off of her shoulders, too. But from the way OP worded the FML, it sounds like Dad has no intention of reversing his vasectomy.

Contrary to stereotype, more men than women want to have kids. If OP's dad's surgery was a recent decision and he's been with his fiancée long enough for them to be engaged, I imagine it was a happily mutual decision.

My dad told me the same, six months later I had a baby brother. He was trying to get my actual opinion on the matter. Lets just say I gave him an entire speech about how glad I was to have no more siblings!