By skating101 - 08/12/2009 02:32 - Canada

Today, I went skating at the local rink. I had a really hard time balancing and was falling all over the place. After everyone had a good laugh, someone finally decided to tell me that one of my blade covers was still on, thanks. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 881
You deserved it 29 067

Same thing different taste

Top comments

YDI no canadian should be this bad at skating

hayleyukulele 0

yeah...because it's impossible to notice yourself. YDI idiot.

Comments

And .. I have decided to tell you that you spelt decided as desided. =P

♫ Old McDonald had a rink. E-I-E-I-O! ♫ And on that rink, there was a dink. E-I-E-I-O! ♫ With a bonk-bonk here, and a bonk-bonk there, ♫ Here a bonk, there a bonk, everywhere a bonk-bonk, ♫ You got pwned 'cause you don't think. E-I-E-I-O!

awesome lyrics blastvortex. here, please accept this internet cookie on behalf of all fml commentors.

jane99 0

I'm sitting in class right now, and this made be burst out laughing...

A Canadian who can't skate? is that even possible? I thought all you guys up north could skate before you can walk. You sure you're not from America?

Eh, I'm not buying it. Rentals don't come with blade covers, and anybody who's skated enough (or even once before) and has his or her own skates could never mistake that feeling for anything except exactly what it is. You've never actually tried to skate with blade covers if you think it's possible to be out on the ice enough to fall repeatedly and not figure it out.

Where did it say she had rentals? I agree though, you can't really tell if you have skate guards on when you're walking to the ice surface from the dressing room, but (I have done this before) the second you step on the ice and fall over, normal people clue in instantly.

mrlucky4444 0
psychoxxxinvader 3

Wouldn't you be able to balance, but just not move anywhere at all?

Not really, in theory you could balance, but hard plastic does not stick to ice. If she had the cloth protectors then she could stand a little easier but still have her feet slip out like nothing if she leaned or anything. And the op was trying to move as she did not realize she had the guards on, so she wouldn't have been able to stand at all.

psychoxxxinvader 3

@#20 Well, they could have been a birthday gift or something.

aren't those covers usually bright neon colours? also, stop putting canada down because this one person can't skate. i'm from canada and i hate skating.

Dieromantic85 0

I respect Canada. I'm considering becoming a citizen because America sucks.