By Lesser - 17/02/2013 08:02 - Australia - Glenfield

Today, I went shopping with my two-year-old nephew. He threw a tantrum in the middle of the store because I would not show him my "boobies". A man came up to us and said I should do what my nephew wanted. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 619
You deserved it 4 136

Izabushel tells us more.

OP here. Having been 'blessed' with a bodacious bustline since early teens, I am used to men having difficulty maintaining eye contact with me, but my nephew has taken it to a new level. I thought that we might have an interesting day because when he came into my room in the morning, one of the first things he said to me was "Boobies gone!" and I said yes, boobies are gone because I was dressed. He then kept on saying 'bring boobies back!', in other words, show him my breasts. And of course I wouldn't. We then go shopping, he got tired and cranky, and thus ended with this situation. He normally is the loveliest and sweetest kid you could imagine. An absolute treasure. I am not just saying that because I am his Aunt. However he does have this obsession with breasts. Well mine in particular. I look very similar to my sister, so I don't know, maybe its a comfort thing going back to when he was breast fed. Then again I have been told I have magically comforting breasts. But he only does it with me so it's not like he is attacking random women in the street asking to see their breasts.

Top comments

The man was just trying to be helpful, I mean, he probably even offered to unhook your bra too, just in case you might have trouble with doing it yourself. What a gentleman.

Comments

hanymandy 6

Who taught your nephew about boobies to begin with? That's the first issue

Sounds to me like someone needs a spanking. Or a time out, or to be taken from the store immediately rather than allowing the situation to escalate so severely. Whichever mode of punishment you prefer. In any case, that sort of behavior is entirely unacceptable.

Actually, I'm not a parent. I'm just used to dealing with bratty children who don't know how to behave themselves.

Wait are we talking about the man or the nephew? I don't know about you guys, but I don't mind a spanking every now and then ^_^

Wanting to eat or being sleepy are no excuses for such behavior in a two year old. Also, I never said anything about 'beating' a child. I said a spanking. They are two very different things.

In some countries (Sweden for example) spanking your kids isn't allowed. And there are better ways to deal with children than hitting them if you ask me.

47 - If you're shopping and running errands long enough for your toddler to get tired and hungry, that's your fault as a parent. Don't punish your child for your mistakes. Know your child and their limits. Put their needs first!

Rule # 1, when a child throws a tantrum, best form of treatment is to ignore and walk away. That, or spank the shit out of him.

No, the best thing to do is ignore it. Spanking should be reserved only for the very worst offences like hurting someone on purpose. But it should NEVER be used on a child who is too young to know that what he did was wrong.

wlddog 14

I got 3 kids. Doc is right. There is no point in spanking a kid that is too young to know what is going on. However, spanking a little later in life is NOT off the table at my house. My kids are very hard headed, but I like to give them a choice. Either do as they were told, or get a spanking and do as they were told anyway. Oddly enough, they still choose the spanking ever so often, just to call the bluff. For the record, it never ends well for them when they try to call the bluff.

I don't understand why strangers feel the need to tell others how to raise their children.

Umm.. He wasn't telling her how to raise the child...

Interjecting that she should do what the nephew wanted is telling her what to do. He should have just kept his mouth shut.

I think you're missing the point. He wanted to see her 'boobies'.

17- the dude just wanted a good look at her 'boobies', as well as the nephew. It's unlikely that he gave a damn about how the child was being raised.

I didn't miss the point, I didn't want to repeat what everyone above me had already said. If a child is cranky and acting out, a stranger doesn't need to interject, even if they think they are being funny or helpful. That is the point I was trying to make.

CharresBarkrey 15

First of all, it wasn't her kid. Second of all, he didn't tell her how to raise him, because she isn't the one raising him. He made a joke. There was no advice given.

I do have a sense of humor. I am sorry that everyone disliked my opinion, all I could think is that if you are dealing with a small child who is cranky and acting out, no matter what someone says to you, positive, negative, a smart ass comment, it is not helpful because of what you are dealing with. That is it. I am sorry that I got so many people riled up over this.

Satoaoi 13

makes you wonder what he sees his dad and mom doing

I get the impression that he's seen them before, more more time wouldn't hurt

TheCutestLizard 28

Or may he wasn't whistling at you and you're just vain?

OP here. Having been 'blessed' with a bodacious bustline since early teens, I am used to men having difficulty maintaining eye contact with me, but my nephew has taken it to a new level. I thought that we might have an interesting day because when he came into my room in the morning, one of the first things he said to me was "Boobies gone!" and I said yes, boobies are gone because I was dressed. He then kept on saying 'bring boobies back!', in other words, show him my breasts. And of course I wouldn't. We then go shopping, he got tired and cranky, and thus ended with this situation. He normally is the loveliest and sweetest kid you could imagine. An absolute treasure. I am not just saying that because I am his Aunt. However he does have this obsession with breasts. Well mine in particular. I look very similar to my sister, so I don't know, maybe its a comfort thing going back to when he was breast fed. Then again I have been told I have magically comforting breasts. But he only does it with me so it's not like he is attacking random women in the street asking to see their breasts.

OP, I'm not a parent or anything, but my brother also had a similar phase as your nephew when he was younger. It eventually passed and now he almost prefers computers to boobies. It's just a phase and he'll eventually grow out of it :)

Hi OP, this is the first FML I am reading where an OP has commented back to explain. Good on ya and ur boobies...lol

I want to hear more about the 'magically comforting' part.

My work colleagues used to say I had magic breasts. One of the hospitals I worked at years ago had a methadone programe with the maternity unit, and we would get babies born addicted to various drugs, mainly heroin. Once you have heard the cry of a baby who is withdrawing from heroin you never forget it. It's heart breaking. Anyway I seemed to have the right touch, and with my magic breasts, I was generally able to settle the unhappiest baby. Bundle them up nice and tight, give them a dummy, prop them upright resting on my magic boobs, and then I would read to them, generally what ever book I was reading at the time. I often wonder how many young teens there are in South Western Sydney with an inexplicable liking for Terry Pratchett.

unlifeoftheparty 10

why in the world are you letting him see your boobs to begin with?

OP - I live in SWS :) This FML gave me the giggles, and then I was set off again when you mentioned your magic boobs. The man was abit of a creeper though...

OP those were not your magic boobies working but was your magic heart that comforted the babies. *A huge thumbsup*

I believe photographic proof may be needed. You know, to lend the story more credit :P

#95-If you would actually take the time to read her next comment you'd realize she didn't show her boobs at all, her nephew just has an obsession with her boobs...

Men always have addiction to woman boobies. Nothing wrong about that. Actually it is scientifically proven, that even when kids grow up - the woman breasts comforts a person in a different ways.