By Anonymous - 20/11/2011 00:21 - United States

Today, I went outside for a cigarette since I don't like smoking in the house. When I was done, I stomped it out. I wasn't wearing shoes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 120
You deserved it 66 162

Same thing different taste

Top comments

FYLDeep 25

Jeez, now your foot is probably as disgusting looking as your lungs.

Comments

Ouch! Although, now I'm wondering if your house is just surrounded by old cigarettes you've stomped out. Get an ashtray out there and this won't be an issue.

melonrind 8

I'm quite sure op knows exactly how detrimental smoking is to their health; so, hopefully we are spared all the ydi because smoking is bad commentary ....it's funny that of all the ways to be impacted negatively by smoking, that your foot was the victim :) Feel better!

Don't like the negativity? Get out of the kitchen!

First I made all of your cigarettes vanish. You bought new ones. Then I made all of your lighters vanish. You bought new ones. Finally, I made your shoes vanish. Will that get you to stop smoking or will we have to go to round 10 like a certain Egyptian did? Sincerely, God

Alright, I apologize. This comment was judgmental and self-righteous. OP, you have the right to do whatever you want without harming others; sorry you burned your foot; everyone has their forgetful moments; and good job being considerate and going outside. Still YDI, though, simply because it's kind of dumb to step on something that was basically on fire just seconds before with bare feet.

Really? Smoking doesn't effect others? So secondhand smoke is a myth? Hm... Interesting.

You're right. Secondhand smoke has been proven to be harmful. I was just trying to make up for the lack of respect in my first comment.

jesbar95 10

Why do you think OP went outside?

gabrielbaby 9

How is this judgemental or self righteous?

Yeah, the dangers of second-hand smoke are largely false and overblown. It's all based on one study which has been entirely discredited. It's jokers like you that are campaigning against E Cigarettes.

One study? Interesting. I just typed second hand smoke into pubmed and found 9245 articles. Funny though that you claim this one study was discredited, do tell us your references, since you claim to be all-knowing on the topic this should not be too difficult. If it was genuinely discredited then there would definitely be evidence to support that theory, oddly I don't see it in any literature. So go for it, enlighten us.

xbella 8

shouldn't smoke in the first place.

That little burn is nothing compared to the pain your going have if you keep smoking.

Well first of all, smoking is bad for you. 2nd, you ought to put on some shoes when you go outside.

For all of those who are ydi for smoking, do you not have any bad habits? Do you live a completely healthy life style. Most who start regret it. The companies know how to make it as addicting as it is and it's hard to quit. Though op an ashtray outside could solve the problem. No reason to stomp butts out on the ground and make a bad habit worse. Hope the foot feels better though.

Yes, as a matter of fact I have a very bad habit of cracking my knuckles. But is that going to give me cancer or take years off my life?

I found out that it has that effect about 5 months ago. As soon as I found that out I began working on quitting. I don't like knowingly harming my body, but at least nobody suffers except me. That was my point.

JinxosGirl87 0

According to several medical articles I've read, there is no direct link between cracking knuckles and arthritis. There isn't enough proof or studies that support that claim, but they aren't ruling it out either.

I was one of the ones who voted YDI for smoking, and I also voted YDI because OP stomped his cig out in socks or barefeet. I have a bad habit, but it's not gonna give me cancer and/or kill me. I used to have a habit of biting my nails and I quit that. OP still deserves it for smoking