By JamesK - 15/12/2016 23:23

Today, I went out with my kids to eat at a nice restaurant. While I was in the bathroom, my 7-year-old daughter ordered 15 plates of "pearls" on the menu. Those "pearls" turned out to be salmon caviar. Guess who got a 425$ bill. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 948
You deserved it 2 635

Same thing different taste

Top comments

what kind of restaurant takes an order from a 7 year old without an adult around

I would have talked to the manager that waiter took advantage of the situation. This is one of those few instances that I would not tip. I hope you enjoyed your pearls though (:

Comments

That waiter definitely took advantage of u....Being privileged or not, if a 7 year old came to my business and their parent was in the bathroom I would have waited for the parent to come back..At 7 years old, the child knew better unless he was disabled in some way. That's why the child waited until the parent was in the bathroom.

I believe it went more like the kid going "I want this! *points at picture on menu*" top the waiter and then telling her dad "look they brought me those pearls from the menu"

Well, that waiter lacks common sense AND book smarts

Wickedwildjoker6 2

What does a nice restaurant taste like?

I was thinking the same thing when I read it haha in OP's case though I think she will never get the taste of fish eggs out of her mouth.

neuronerd 28

How did this happen? First, as many have said, who would take an order from a 7 yr old when she was unsupervised? Second, no one in their right mind orders 15 plates of anything just for themselves, so the server should have questioned it. Third, didn't you notice something when 15 plates of caviar came to the table, or were you in the bathroom for like an hour?

Stiggy626 25

ya know, it usually takes a little bit for plates to get to a table. plus, they didn't say they only found out when they got the bill

Not sure about the country, but in Germany there is a law against that. Odering is a contract, and with this much money involved children can't legally submit to it without a parent.

Besides the fact that the waiter was an idiot, I'm curious as to why your daughter ordered 15 plates of salmon caviar.

countryb_cth 38

But why 15 plates of them is what I'm wondering.

Because she's 7, and she thought they were actual pearls. What kid wouldn't?

Maybe the kid asked for "15 pearls" and the waiter took it to mean "15 plates of caviar" instead of "15 individual 'pearls'".

Superbaker123 14

What kind of waitress takes a $425 order from a seven year old?

Complain to the manager and refuse to pay the bill. What waiter takes an order from a seven year old without an adult present?