By Anonymous - 26/10/2012 12:24 - Australia - Adelaide

Today, I went out of my way to avoid street preachers thrusting hateful propaganda at me. A young woman ran up to me and started waving paper in my face, and I snapped at her to fuck off. Right afterwards I realised she was returning something that fell out of my pocket. She looked terrified. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 128
You deserved it 35 279

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It's a simple rule my friend: Treat others the way you would like to be treated.

You should probably listen to what someone has to say before you snap at them. I can gurantee she tried to say something, and wasn't just thrusting paper in your face.

Comments

Poor woman, you must have looked murderous :P

Hahahahaha Adelaide (the capital of south Australia) is the "murder" capital of Australia. We've had a few this year xD. And also people don't realize how bad these street preachers are. The police arrest them, businesses lose sales and they try jam shit into people.

#75, That bad? Yuck. No wonder OP was on the defensive. One US city I was in, the street preachers had sound systems and were as pushy as you describe. Businesses finally got local laws changed. Now, the preachers are either polite and quiet, or they are not on the street.

To your credit it would have been nice if she just yelled "Sir, you dropped something!". Although your reaction may have been over the top, having someone just wave a paper around in your face is not pleasant. It's like if someone found my ipod on the floor and just shoved it in my pocket rather than letting me know that I had dropped it.

I'm sure they won't have returned your IPod. Paper yes, iPod no.

If I found an IPod and no one wad around, I would have pocketed it. If the person came back looking for it I would give it back. I would have also gave back the iPod if I saw the person forget it.

unknown_user5566 26

That's why you don't assume things, OP. If she was actually coming to spew "hateful propaganda" at you, wouldn't a simple "No thank you" have been sufficient?

unknown_user5566 26

I agree, avoid them when you can if you don't want to hear what they have to say. But if they do approach you, I think screaming in their face is going a bit overboard.

Werken247 14

I prefer to tell them I worship the Devil. Then I ask them if they'd like to come and sacrifice a virgin with me and bathe in her blood afterwards.

I answered the door naked once. The Jehovahs were not impressed.

With all that hate you need Jesus's in your life Op... "The power of Christ compels you ass"

Religious nuts pedal hateful propaganda now? I thought they preach love, understanding, and tolerance. Just like me.

unknown_user5566 26

My first thought was that they were the fire and brimstone preachers, who scream YOU'RE GOING TO HELL! for anything and everything. Also, since when do you preach love, understanding, and tolerance, Doc? :)

Actually, Keevarou was the most loving, understanding person on here, and people loved him. I actually miss his comments. :(

Kylee, I've ALWAYS preached love, dammit!! Always!!!

Werken247 14

They do preach love, tolerance and understanding.... then they tell you you're a sinner who's going to burn in hell for eternity if you don't give them money.

If anything Doc it's tough love that you preach.. But still love none the less.

I agree with Doc. He always preach love advice when it comes to the relationship issues here on FML. Always reasonable stuff. [=

Westboro baptist church is what you're talking about right?

Well, if someone is threatening me with hell ill threaten them with something else. If they didn't want to be threatened, they shouldn't threaten me. Treat others how you want to be treated.

Assuming makes and ass of u and me. Hope you felt like an ass.

it's a thing called manners. a simple "no thank you" or "no i'm fine." would have been pleasant.

Pensu 12

I wish we lived in a world where "no thank you" made street preachers stop following you around. Truly I do.

OP I hope you apologized for being a dick...